Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Re: [Shared]- Sark Carrier -[Model 91.1%]

Post by HangmanEXE »

[edit] - Added pics to my previous post of finished bridge
tronfaq wrote:
HangmanEXE wrote:For the Null Units, I used the Red Civi AI bots, and thanks to FAQ, I now have them all 3 sitting an working at the console now. Again Big thanks to FAQ for this.
There's only one catch with these guys. They won't respond to what's going on around them. They'll merrily continue on typing away at the controls no matter what happens. Without an AIVolume or AINode, they're just decorations.
Well for the carrier model map prefab item, thats more than fine as it is FAQ, as the carrier will be a [Prefab-stlye] item for map decoration anyway.

I hear ya, when I start working on the Derez map version I will add in an AI volume so they can flee an take cover or whatever I set them to do.
But ATM I [desperately] need to work on the carrier model itself for the prefab as I am behind schedule with this new stripped down rebuild to clean the face sizes on the geometry up alot, an if I plan to get it done on time as promised I gotta get some body work done to the ol girl.

...an the new Batman; Arkham City game didnt help my schedule any....dang game is just [TOO] FREAKING AWESOME, I cant stop playin it... lol
In my day we didn't need these fancy R,G,B, LCD an 3D colors!
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Re: [Shared]- Sark Carrier -[Model 95.6%]

Post by HangmanEXE »

Greetings Programs

Sark Carrier Build Update

Model Build Progress= 95.6%
Textures placement = 16%

Here is my estimate on the total average accuracy of Sark's Carrier to Film = 96%

I would also love to hear what other ppl feel is my accuracy rating on the models build recreation of an average appearance of the carrier version from the film from all its various shots in the original TRON film.

If you feel I have missed something please feel free to alert me an let me know what it is an I will take a look at it an try to incorporate it into the carrier.

As of right now the carrier model is now 95.6% complete, I apologize for the model not being 100% done at this point but offline stuff kept me busy today an I didn't get started back to work on the carrier today until late, an I am not too concerned as the unfinished part is "only" the 3d face cuts that need made rear of the command section on the main carriers face.

Progress report....

I still have to do the large 3d face section behind the command section, as well as finishing placing all the custom textures. But I have found that I can use only 10 custom textures for 90% of the carriers faces so the final 10% will be the custom textures required for the command section itself.

Here is a screenshot of my Build progress...

Carrier Progress.JPG
Also here is a very simple light cycle map for spectator viewing/exploration of the carriers current build progress.

-This is now how I will be doing all test viewing of my maps/models in the game engine itself.-

Builders note: If you explore the command sections bridge you will notice an "INCREDIBLE" visual change with the textures used on the bridge now. Having corrected all the alphas in my textures def improves the look an feel of the bridge.
Also thanks to our good friend an mentor FAQ, I now have AI bots setting an working the controls, and one in the System monitor chair that now MOVES as it should hanging from the ceiling left of Sarks Interface.

Here is the LC style test viewing map for full spectator roaming to look the model over, required folders are included with Custom textures inside.

Custom
-TEX
-WORLDS

[DELETED] - New Link Below

[PLEASE BE AWARE!]- this is still an EXTREMELY unfinished version of the model... well at least in the textures department. "MANY" of the faces still only have my basic color layout textures for later master texture placements still on the carrier, or just are still totally black textured.

Please take this into advisement before anyone starts getting upset about the colors on the carrier, no need for alarm, these will be changed out.

As always I look forward to any and all comments about the progress so far in the model build, or the current textures being used. Once finished as I stated way back a couple of months ago, this will be released in a very basic Light Cycle map as well it will come with this in PREFAB format, as well as .lta format -including all required textures to load it up in Dedit for all TRON fans to use in TRON 2.0 game level making as well as for other formats in other programs. All I ask when done is that credit for the work be directed back here to me at this forum.

I ask this for [2] reasons...
1. to stir up more interested ppl for making TRON 2.0 maps for the community
2. credit for my "many many" nights I put into building this model.

I will update again ASAP.[/color]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by deeahchur »

Some screencaps, please?
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

By request here are photos of the 95.6% carrier test map model in game atm.

deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

Looks good! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Re: [Shared]- HD Sark Carrier -[Model 98.2%]

Post by HangmanEXE »

Greetings Programs

High Def Sark Carrier Build Update

Model Build Progress= 100%
Textures placement = 18%

Total compeltion rate = 98.2%

Here is my estimate on the total average accuracy of Sark's Carrier to Film carrier = 96.3%

I would also love to hear what other ppl feel is my accuracy rating on the models build recreation of an average appearance of the carrier version from the film from all its various shots in the original TRON film.

If you feel I have missed something please feel free to alert me an let me know what it is an I will take a look at it an try to incorporate it into the carrier.

Progress Info....

As of now the Model itself is 100% completed....yes even that rear 3d face that kept causing me problems or kept being delayed.
All I lack doing as of now is the laborus task of placing all the textures all over the carrier.

Carrier.JPG
Here is the stats on the carrier as of my last process, as stated before this thing is a BEAST all of its own...
...but honestly I cant stop looking at this thing even unfinished... I am proud as HELL of the work I have done on this Carrier. Love it.... now I understand how X felt about his MCP build. There is... just "something" about the original TRON film stuff seen in the Tron 2.0 game thats just...well... candy for the eyes. lol

=========================================
-[EDIT]- discovered a few ways to lower the poly count. This is the new version of the processing info.

"new processing info on lower post"

=========================================

Here is an updated version of the Light Cycle test view map with the 100% completed model an a few new items added onto the carrier to finish its appearance.
As before alot of textures are still missing, but this will be remedied shortly.

I look forward to hearing any and all comments.

------------------------------
-[EDIT]- For those who test view with the TRON 2.0 game, an you "DO NOT" see the green blinking lights all over the carrier, then please copy the FX directory included in the .rar file below and extract it to your...
\Your Install DIR\Tron 2.0\Game
...folder and overwrite the folder. This should correct any issues with seeing all the FX on the carrier. But it couldnt hurt to copy the FX folder also to the custom directory as well for safety.
-------------------

[Edited] - better Far Z setting version now available for "WHOLE" carrier in view when exploring now...

https://www.yousendit.com/download/T2dl ... TGcxWjhUQw

This file includes the .DAT + any/all required folders + textures to place in your custom directory for TRON 2.0 Game Multiplayer "light Cycle" spectator viewing/exploration of the carrier.

This will be my [LAST] update until the completed & fully textured version of the carrier will be placed in this forum.

Which if all goes well an I continue to get this much time to devote toward my carrier project "should" be sometime later this week or beginning of next week [hopefully]...

As always I would really like to hear any good or bad feedback regarding any/all issues that ppl have with the carriers design. Its model build. Anything.

This will be your last chance to submit any input regarding the build before the model is packaged an released to the general public.

Any and ALL ppl who commented with helpful info or tips with the carrier itself will each be receiving an early link to look at the model itself in Dedit as well as a .DAT of the finished version 48hrs before I will be making a public post with a link for the completed Carrier.

I do apologize if this upsets anyone, but I trust EACH AN EVERY member I know who helped me here, and I know they will give me as much helpful feedback to correct any final issues with the carrier before it foes public.

I will post my final update ASAP.[/color]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

[EDIT] - Previous link for the test viewing .DAT file was updated with a newer version with a much better FarZ setting so that the whole carrier can be seen at one time when spectator viewing/exploring as seen below.

Here are some screenshots of the current version for those who dont like or dont have time to test view with the game using .dat files.

"Carrier Lights blinking OFF"

"Carrier Lights blinking ON"

Top front angle

Back rear angle

Front facing rear angle

Back facing front angle

Carrier looking up "Flynns view" angle
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

Looks pretty SWEET!

Note the 28% wasted when processing and see what you can do to clarify to what that refers and how to lessen that amount.

Polies and points look pretty decent, considering the nature of the project.
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

ya, I have been wondering what that could be.... "scratches head"... not sure what it could be really. I should "hopefully" get all my textures placed by Wednesday at the latest, an I will wait an see what you guys can find about it when I prelim share the finished carrier with you guys. I am hoping you can tell me what it could be because I honestly don't even know what/where to look.

LM Data: 12 pages, 203712 bytes, 28% wasted - LM... Light Map Data I guess???
If so... that stumps me even more, as the lighting is all goraud "literally" on the WHOLE carrier. the ONLY lightmap is the 2 system maps inside the bridge to make them pop out just a little bit more.

Here is the settings I used for them all.

The whole carrier is set to Goraud lighting for that slight glowing surface look it has that slight glow to it that everything had in the original film...
Various color glow per item for forced shadowing look and glows- [ALL] set to 16 intensity
Clip-light = TRUE
Cast Shadow Mesh = FALSE
Receive Light = TRUE
Receive Shadows = FALSE
Receive Sunlight = TRUE

Light pen scale = 0.000
Light Crease = 45.000

-[EDIT]- Added light info from procesing

-------------------
Lighting world
Ambient light (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
Setting up world for lighting
Lighting data built in 0.03 seconds
Lighting polys : 14588
Lighting nodes : 2623
Number of polies in lighting: 14594
Lighting BSP nodes: 21809
Lighting BSP first null node: 8
Lighting BSP longest chain: 29
Lighting BSP Full Nodes: 5192
Lighting BSP took 0.39 seconds to generate
Light table resolution: (24x16x65)
Lighting grid took 25.52 seconds to generate
Lighting grid size in memory: 98k
Lighting points took 0.00 seconds to generate
Vertex colors took 0.09 seconds to generate
Base lightmaps took 0.17 seconds to generate
Lightgroups took 0.00 seconds to generate
Lighting took 26.20 seconds
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tronrose
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Post by tronrose »

You've got some groovy lookin' stuff there :)
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

So after this one is finished, you're gonna work on the Regulator (TRON: Evolution carrier) or Rectifier (TRON: Legacy carrier), right?

hahaha

Just kidding.

Would be cool, though . . .
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

-[edited]-... hmm with the carrier now slightly modified an it dropped MASSIVLY in poly count from 15k to 7k polys... I will honestly think about it after I finish my Derez map I restarted, it will be my next project once this carrier is finished.

..but I might even know more about Dedit by then. So never know... I might try to build one of them, as I really do love the carriers from TRON.
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Greetings Programs

I am continuing to work on the textures on the carrier and; thanks to an idea by our good friend TRON F.A.Q.; I discovered a way that looks much more accurate to the look of the carriers lights from the film + it also allows for a "MUCH" lower poly count.
Doing this has lowered the poly count down to 7k not 15.5k it was before this revision. So [BIG] cutback on polys used now, this alone has made this a much more feasible build for a map prefab item now.

Here is my current information..
======================================

-[Initialization]-
Processing C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Game\WORLDS\HangmanEXE_LCSpectatorSarkCarrierV98,2.lta

Date: 11/12/11, Time: 20:11:17
This machine has 2 processors.
Using 0 threads.
Loading World
LTA file loaded in 0.33 seconds
Instantiating prefabs
Warning: Not offsetting world. This is only recommended for engineering and should not be used for other purposes
Creating polygon edging
Creating decal geometry
Applying ambient overrides
Filling in light group fields
Filling in group objects
Applying render groups
Removing hidden and frozen objects
Processing AI objects
Converting key data
Max Lightmap Size: 256.00
Default Lightmap Grid Size: 20

-[Import Geometry]-

WorldTree nodes: 21845
WorldTree depth: 7
WorldTree root size: 47744.00
Creating physics BSP
Merging 3174 brushes.
Transferring brush polygons to world
Converting brushes took 0.02 seconds
0 polies (0 nodes) added for lightmapping.
BSP tree 66.67% balanced.
Imported 7867 texture flags

-[Lighting]-
-------------------
Lighting world
Ambient light (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
Setting up world for lighting
Lighting data built in 0.02 seconds
Lighting polys : 6945
Lighting nodes : 977
Number of polies in lighting: 6951
Lighting BSP nodes: 10061
Lighting BSP first null node: 8
Lighting BSP longest chain: 29
Lighting BSP Full Nodes: 2637
Lighting BSP took 0.14 seconds to generate
Light table resolution: (24x16x65)
Lighting grid took 6.30 seconds to generate
Lighting grid size in memory: 98k
Lighting points took 0.00 seconds to generate
Vertex colors took 0.03 seconds to generate
Base lightmaps took 0.02 seconds to generate
Lightgroups took 0.00 seconds to generate
Lighting took 6.50 seconds

-[Packing]-
Packing world for the PC platform

Gathering processed data
Packing geometry and lightmaps
LM Data: 2 pages, 17952 bytes, 58% wasted
Packing worldmodels

World .DAT file Size : 2.0 MB
World Tree : 2.7 KB
World Models : 486.5 KB
Objects : 314.9 KB
Blind Object Data : 4 B
Light Grid : 72.3 KB
Blockers : 8 B
Particle Blockers : 8 B
Render Data : 1.2 MB

-------------------
Done in 0.14 minutes

Number of input polies: 7390
Number of input vertices: 17564

Number of output polies: 6934
Number of output vertices: 7531
Tree depth: 106

Lightmap data size: 0k
Number of objects: 238

======================================
Saddly tho the only downside that I see to this alteration is ["as a map of its own with nothing else there but 1 light an a grid floor" atm being processed] the wasted has jumped from the previous 25% to 58%. But as I stated in a earlier post I am still unsure what is causing this.

+ The previous link to the viewing carrier has been revised to show off these modifications. What was done is that all the cut 3d sphere shapes were removed an replaced with .spr lights that really capture the look the lights on the carrier had in the film.

Here are screenshots of the v6.98.8 revision...
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

I pull my hat in front of you!

This reminds me the days, when i spent hours to find out the right sizes for the pit or mcp. So i know the valley of pain you have been through. I like that model, as it is close to the origin as it can be. I doubt i would have done anything better. Great job!

BTW.: while digging through my restored files of my HD-crash, i stumbled over a recognizer model i made years ago in DEdit (wut? another model if it? booo). I never released it as i built it in the scale i estimated from the film, and it was hugh. But i'm thinking now, combined with somthing like the sark-carrier, that it would be nice. Plus, it would be intresting if your carrier and my recognizer would match in scale, as they did in the film :D
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

NOPE! You can NEVER have too many recognizers!

...somewhere on a lost hard drive sets a hanger full of them just waitin to be found. lol

...never know... there could somewhere right now! "someone"might even have a few original abandoned TRON recognizer design prototype recognizers just waitin to activate. [evil grin]

Well X, [as far as I know] I think I built the carrier as close as I could to scale....again too OCD. lol

I started with the bridge an it was built at a 64 setting starting with 64 representing standard human scale ht. So "IF" I did this all right the carrier [should] be exactly to scale all over with players scale going from the bridge outward.
So if you did the same an used human ht for that recognizer build start point they should match up nicely!
Would be really nice to see them together, I threw the movie style one that I had on it an it was TINY, lol.
[ITTY BITTY] kinda tiny against it! lol

Would be nice to see yours in comparison with the carrier scale an see how close they are. I will send ya a link with a early .lta with the texturing that I have done so far this morning so you can play around some with it. lol.

Now that I have extremely lowered the poly count I was thinking of upgrading the light cycle section below the carrier into a full blown LC map of its own that way I could have a map that shows the carrier off, plus it would gain us a new LC map.

What I honestly had been thinking of doing was to recreate that cool world image from the end scene with the cool silver an blue stripped environment with the floating spheres an throw some recognizers on the carrier deck or maybe even have them launch an fly off and around like they did in that scene when 4 launched off the deck of the Carrier to go chase the solar sailer.

... would be nice. If nothing else it would give us a new Light Cycle map to play in, an with this scale... it would be a HUGE one!