HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Re: [Shared]- Sark Carrier -[Model 99.7%]

Post by HangmanEXE »

xistence wrote:i still think some of the most bothering persons of that time are still around somewhere

I suspect that's exactly what's going on here.

Really gotta say that it sucks that we have ppl doing crap like this in the TRON 2.0 community.
I mean not to be rude, but this game "needs" more attention and positive stuff happening.... not negative.
...USER knows that we need more interest here not less.

tronfaq wrote:Your Carrier looks damn impressive already, and it's not even done yet. With the additional time needed to finish it, and your obvious perfectionist attitude, I'm sure it will end up being used as a prefab in many a future map.

...was it that obvious that I am a perfectionist? lol

P.S. OMG this thread has just hit 500 views! I guess that should be my first sign "ALOT" of TRON 2.0 modding or TRON fans are interested in this being finished and released. lol
In my day we didn't need these fancy R,G,B, LCD an 3D colors!
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by deeahchur »

I, for one, definitely look forward to this prefab being completed!
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Well I must announce a-freakin-nother setback on my release date... due me having massive PC errors the last few days, I was forced to do a complete system reformat day before yesterday late at night.

Unfortunately due MASSIVE "read memory errors" and harddrive not found errors" my system was having- my textures were saved improperly on my most recent version and wouldnt load now. An the textures and faces with textures were now saying invalid polly counts, then Dedit would crash.
... So I am having to fall back on my previously shared prelim that some of you received here as my new continuing point.

But the model work was backed up at about 90% model completion in this prelim and is intact and usable. The flaw is that all the rear 3d face cuts were lost due to being unusable from the polly counts.
So now I an back to having to redo all my textures and redoing the rear 3d faces cuts again.

But, no worries I have all the textures still, I am remaking them with Adobe Photoshop CS6 - which I have learned how to PROPERLY make Alpha masks in. So the textures will be redone an WORKING outside of Dedit launch test views now.

I thank everyone for there continued patience, and I appreciate all the support for my contiuned work on this project.

Following update will include the completed retexture replacement repair work. An if I get to it before then possibly the cut uncleaned up rear 3d cuts made.

As always I will update again ASAP.
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Re: [Shared]- Sark Carrier -[Model 89.7%]

Post by HangmanEXE »

Greetings Programs

Well after an unexpected all nighter; thanks to nightmares of my kids gettin hurt; I have managed to get about 70% of all the textures back on the carrier. An I think they are more accurate now than before.

I discovered while doing this progress that I could remove and or replace a GOOD portion of the current command sections faces with 1 face or 1 cut in half with 1 custom texture.

Also, my custom animated "GreenBlinker.spr" was lost in my reformat.- the green blinking light animation listed on a previous post. These will be remade ASAP.

I have now rebroken the carrier down into its main parts. [Core, Connecting Ring, Neck, Command section] to do some upclose looks to see what can be replaced with custom textures instead of extra brush cuts to try to lower the polly count.

Here is a shot of the 3d face now with the new better textures. This shot also lets you see how the 3d face sections stand out.
Image2.jpg
I will post another update with my repair/update progress ASAP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

Sorry you experienced those nightmares and couldn't get back to sleep, but you have spent it productively! Great work! Looking forward to seeing more completed!
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Greetings programs

Well while I was in the process of replacing of all my textures across the carrier I noticed an error on my part on the Command bridge level area that will require some rebuilding of the bridge itself.

Here is a shot of my current Command Bridge as it currently is, which many ppl will not say is an error. As this image is what everyone remembers of the Command Level, sark walking up an talking to the MCP for the first time...
Image2.jpg
As you can see it looks accurate... until you move out an look at it from this angle.
Image4.JPG
..untill you try using this refrence pic to place textures by...
snapshot20110926104437.JPG
These errors in building were spotted via this one tiny/brief shot in the film, which I did not have as a reference pic from my 20th Anniversary screen-grabs. ...my bad....I managed to get this one while using my Bluray version of the TRON film. I had to retake all my shots as I had neglected to back them up in my reformat.

As you can see, my support areas near the entrance are WAY too large, I am missing the ENTIRE other side of the command levels steps up to the Command Control floor, an the current stairs I have are incorrectly built. As you can see the proper ones in this shot are a 5 step set of steps. 2, then a 45o turn then 2 more steps. I will be working on correcting these errors this weekend while continuing replacing color marker textures- [basic carrier colors for when I place custom textures so I will know what needs made in what color], and finishing the rebuild of more basic geometry before I continue making my custom textures.

BTW for those of you who had mailed me and asked, how I felt that this carrier could work as it had too many faces to be a proper working and easy to load prefab item.
I am now in the process if REMOVING as many "glow strip cut faces as I can" that I had made and I am now replacing as many as possible of them with much more "as basic as possible" single shaped brushes and just give them custom texture.

....yes I am LOVING being able to make my own correct custom textures.

I know that alot of ppl are wishing I would finish this project sooner than later. But as stated early on, I will not release this Map prefab item till I am confident I have captured at least a 90%+ overall look/feel of the films original version.

But with my current progress level, and my having free time again to devote toward my map prefab project. I am now very happy with with my current level of quality and detail on the carrier [after this current edit to the bridge that I will be making].
So much so that and I am announcing that I am aiming for a release ["sometime" in mid November to a December 25 release at "THE VERY LATEST"].

I will return with another update ASAP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

Just a recommendation: before starting removing and/or texturing with customized textures, you should be really finished with the geometry (so a rework task like it sounds currently, this seems to be critical for me). You'll spend too much time into rework all different textures again and again, as you have correct faces here and there.
Also, don't do too many customized textures, in the end it would have the vice versa effect -> saving perfomance. Because both ways can be critical: too many faces OR too many textures. Still, if you need a hand about having a look to optimize some stuff, my offer is still valid.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

xistence wrote:Just a recommendation: before starting removing and/or texturing with customized textures, you should be really finished with the geometry (so a rework task like it sounds currently, this seems to be critical for me). You'll spend too much time into rework all different textures again and again, as you have correct faces here and there.
Also, don't do too many customized textures, in the end it would have the vice versa effect -> saving perfomance. Because both ways can be critical: too many faces OR too many textures. Still, if you need a hand about having a look to optimize some stuff, my offer is still valid.

I hear ya X! I plan to finish ALL the new geometry edits [inside and outside the carrier] before I continue making any textures.

For scaling an making my textures atm a trick I am using is to zoom in at my face I need a texture made til its very close to the ballpark of a 512 image. Then I print screen then paste in MSPaint and then edit it to make my texture using the scale of the framework. I figured that would save me some trial and error with texture making.

[seems to be working so far for me]

An I will keep your offer in mind bud, I might need to throw my final prelim at ya to see if it can be tweaked even more.
Thanks Again X. :)

[EDIT]

Greetings Programs
I figured I would pop back in and post a Carrier Bridge Rebuild update.
[This super fast update brought to you by TOO MUCH CANDY!! HAHAHA!!!! MORE CANDY!! MINE!!!]
..[shakes off sugar buzz]...

Here is a screenshot of my CORRECTED "film accurate" bridge...
FinalBRIDGE.JPG
As you can see the fixing the steps an coping it to the other side fixed a TON of issues. Doing this made me have ot alter my opinion of where Sarks MCP uplink stand would set.
[As before I assumed it was off to the left somewhat as I was working off that one pic that looks at the bridge from the right wall looking at the left wall. But with this edit, it corrects this error of mine and ALSO makes it more accurate with "ALL" the shots of the bridge where it shows Sarks stand it in the middle of the bridge when looking out. Or from shots looking in at him from outside - aka when FLYNN first sees Sark standing looking down at him an other conscripts.]

This edit also fixed the problem of the wall covering the system map.
When I copied over this one side with the steps it EXTREMELY opened that wall up.
ALSO- it made me realize - in one shot in the film when Sark is talking to a Null unit in front of an EXTREMELY up-close system map. They are actually standing on the block platform that runs along the wall under the system map. As when copied over the finished once side it adds a small platform that sets along the wall under the map... so + 1 more film accuracy.

At this point I am ready to begin bridge unneeded faces cleanup an add that moving black ceiling chair back in. I must admit, doing this project actually clarified ALOT of the differing shots in the film that didnt make any scene before.

I am VERY happy with the bridge now. I honestly cant see anything else that needs added in except unneeded faces cleanup and throw that moving hanging ceiling chair back in.

[EDIT #2)

Here is a public ["ALPHA" Version] of my final preliminary version of my Sark Carriers "Command Deck" Bridgefor play ..err.. em I mean inspection.

[!!FOREWARNED!! I have not taken a look at this myself yet. An I have not setup a map to launch in a LOOONG TIME, so if there is any issues please let me know. Also any feedback regarding the textures, lighting choices would be appreciated as well. I have included a .dat and .lta format of both. The .lta is provided in case "Certain" ppl do not like my carrier work an wish to make there own but want my new bridge for there own carrier(s).][/color]

[Edit#3 - 10/222011]
[Removed newer "BETA" version of bridge to explore availabe in below post]

I will update again with more progress ASAP.
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Re: [Shared]- Sark Carrier -[Model 91.1%]

Post by HangmanEXE »

Greetings Programs

Here is a newer "BETA" Version of my Sark Carrier's Command Section Bridge Level.

This version has had some custom textures applied as well as some more basic colors to make the level feel more like how it looks in the film.

Here is a screenshot of the current version.
bridge.JPG
As before here is the .dat as well as the .lta.
"This time I personally tested the file, an removed my Hangman area personal testing room that I forgot to remove in my last version, so it is only the bridge now. Enjoy the view Sark would see."

Atm I still have about 4 custom textures to place an the bridge will basically done for the Prefab Version of the Sark Carrier Release.

[BETA VERSION] - link edited - 10/23/2011 - 12:35am
[Edited - newer version below]

"Appologies for those who waited while I edited this for hte corrected link.
BUT you will LOVE this edit. I went back and added in the 3D face of the carrier to get a feel of how the carrierwill look once completed from the bridge view.... OMG... convulses from massive nerdgasm."

As always, input regarding errors, improper textures spotted, or anything else you spot that would help me make the look more film accurate, and all comments regarding the appearance, accuracy of the model, or just ideas on how to improve the bridge are always welcome.

I look forward to any and all feedback.

I will post again with another update again ASAP.
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
win3k
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by win3k »

Morning chaps

Just spent about 10 minutes trying to download it, but Filefactory is too busy rendering spam and other assorted dross to allow me to have the file.

Maybe try YouSendIt (https://www.yousendit.com) instead, or even create a page on ModDB?

win3k
ldso://win3k - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Greetings Programs

Well I found time to go back and fix most of my HORRIBLE damage done to my bridge during my fit of temporary insanity when I made changes to the bridge and test viewed IT ALL via test viewing with Dedit Launch.

...Dedit test launch has been shot, stabbed, an its corpse has been fed to a small feral pack of gridbugs.

Here is a pic of my CURRENT complete recolor/repair work on the bridge atm...
Current Bridge.jpg
Also here....

https://www.yousendit.com/download/T2dj ... V3pyZHNUQw

... is a link with my test bridge for Dedit viewing as well as the .dat file and the required textures.

I apologize ahead of time for the large file size, but I am still in the process of weeding out my "COMPLETE" custom textures folder.

I "REALLY" spent more time than I should have repairing this today. But its repaired thankfully now an work cna recontinue.
I would appreciate any possible input on current state of the bridge. Also if you find something that you can throw in easily to add that you recall... please feel free to do so an send it back to me. As I will be away from Dedit for a few days coming up.

I look forward to any and all input.

I will update again ASAP.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

@HangmanEXE: I took a second look at your map. Fixed the triggers and the AI not sitting. I sent you a download link in a PM to the updated map.

In addition to what I mentioned before, another problem with your triggers is that they were too small. So it was easy for a player not to touch one unless they were in exactly the right spot. I made the triggers bigger. You do this by clicking the Object Edit button, which has a cone and sphere on it. (Not the one with the green square, next to it.) Then you can resize objects. After that, don't forget to switch back to Brush Edit mode. (Button with solid wireframe cube.)

BTW, I made the black grips really black. They were kind of a dark blue before. Sorry about that. But I needed to see if the swap was working properly, and the shades of blue were too similar for me.

There were still a couple of issues with the AI. One, your AI character didn't have a GoalSet. If GoalSet is set to None, he won't do anything at all. Second, the placement of the Node in relation to the AI char is very touchy sometimes. By adjusting the positions of the objects, he now sits.

But, I came up with something better. I applied this better technique to the AI char standing next to him. The problem with using an AINode and all that, is that the char will do what you want him to for a while but then he'll stop eventually. The ReactivationTime set to 0.1 gets him to almost immediately resume doing what he was before, at that node. But what happens is he sits, then eventually gets up to try to do something else, then gets told to immediately sit again.

So if you want your char to get up once in a while to stretch his legs, it's great. :D But I thought we could do better than that. So check out his buddy next to him. I think you'll like how he behaves better. Long story short, I got his pal to sit and do stuff without needing an AINode or AIVolume. (Still, it's good for you to work with AI just the same.)

Okay, back to other stuff. Spent a bit more time on this today than I wanted to. But it kind of felt good to be working in DEdit again after so long.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

That's great, FAQ! I was wondering years ago if it was possible to get AI to sit. Now I need to remember why I wanted to do that. Oh well. Good to know, and another great Wiki tutorial to add!
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

[Does spit-take]... OMG thats PERFECT!!! An the navy colored grips actually slipped past me an I was unaware of it.
WAY BACK when I was doign the basic build for the command level I set the entire bridge to that color for its goraud color glow... so that was why it had a slight blue to it. The texture was black but the glow was altering it.

So I thank ya for alerting me to it an even goin one step further an correcting it.

TY FAQ!!

-[EDIT]- "New Progress Update Report Added in"

Greetings Programs

I figured that since I was here replying to msg's that I would just go ahead an post my more recent progress report.

Well the bridge is as done as I think I can do [ATM]. I dont think that I have missed anything, if this is not the case [PLEASE ALERT ME] even if its a texture missing from in the film shots.

I have [ATM] finished my last custom textures for the [bridge level] an they have been placed, and I have recreated my original horribly done [TEST demo] of the bridge level with this new version. This has corrected lighting as well as 100% completed textures for the bridge area.

For the Null Units, I used the Red Civi AI bots, and thanks to FAQ, I now have them all 3 sitting an working at the console now. Again Big thanks to FAQ for this.

For info regarding doors in the Derez version of this bridge I have placed an IC Regular in the spot where in my Derez map version one of the internal hallways will exit to the large flat faced side of the exterior of the carrier onto a "deathwalk" for sniper shooting at the bridge. This is visible from Sarks Comand Interface, you can see where a IC is from that vantage point. That will be where the hallway will exit out.
Image2.JPG
Here is a link to the .dat file for test viewing...

http://www.yousendit.com/download/T2dmR ... SHk5TE5Vag

...the required textures have been included again. Just delete my previous folder of textures and use this version instead.

Enjoy

Work on the main carrier body itself will now recommence now that I have this "O.C.D." issue of mine regarding the bridges look worked out of my system... lol

Here are some pics for ppl who dont/cant download files.

Image3.JPG
Image6.JPG
I will update again ASAP
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

HangmanEXE wrote:For the Null Units, I used the Red Civi AI bots, and thanks to FAQ, I now have them all 3 sitting an working at the console now. Again Big thanks to FAQ for this.
There's only one catch with these guys. They won't respond to what's going on around them. They'll merrily continue on typing away at the controls no matter what happens. Without an AIVolume or AINode, they're just decorations.