Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Map - HD Games Domain - progress- 4.1%

Post by HangmanEXE »

Tv| (GREETINGS)

Work has officially started on my "main" MP map build that I will use to show off my HD Sark Carrier, and what I have learned so far, and hopefully teach me alot more.

Map Name= [HD Games Domain]
Source= [multiple locals placed as "guesstimated" into there " VERY rough" geographically positions one to another as located in the film using the IO Tower as the center for reference.]

Map locals planned to be built for the map. [note blockers will be used for each build to help loading when using each map variation "as I expect HIGH poly-count for this build in the end"]=

"Games Domain Map Build Plans"
==================================
Light Cycle version |___| |___| |___| __o-o
---------------------
-"Classic" HD build of the Light Cycle arena from the film

Derez/Team Derez version of map Tj|
--------------------
Carrier - Carrier Bridge
Carrier - Dumonts Torture Room
Carrier - 4 sniper walkways along outside of Carrier at referenced points
-teleporter nodes for ground to carrier access-
Ground - Entry Port Room - [where FLYNN arrived in the digital world]
Ground - Conscript Briefing -[TRON Disc battle arena visible below from this spot - sealed off via invisible ceiling]
Ground - Pitcell Room
Ground - Light Cycle Holding Room
Ground - [sealed off via orange see-thru force-field wall]- "FLYNN n Chrome" Ring Games Room

Disc Battle version of Map [areas above will be explorable - but limited] T%o
--------------------
Arena #1 - TRON Disc Wars Arena -[located in a lower section "under invis ceiling" in the Conscript Briefing Courtyard Area.]
Arena #2 - "FLYNN vs Chrome" - Ring Games Room - [sealed off via orange partially transparent forcefield]

I will update with pics and or more build information again asap.

T=| (EOL)
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
In my day we didn't need these fancy R,G,B, LCD an 3D colors!
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Map - HD Games Domain - progress- 0.3%

Post by deeahchur »

You should include at least an arena for where Tron fought the four MC Guards when Flynn was first appropriated.
T-) T%o
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Tv| (GREETINGS)

Do you mean the one located in that lower area of the conscript briefing area where Sark spoke to FLYNN from the carrier Dee?

If so... thought I listed that above... will have to go back an edit the post if I didnt, as the conscript briefing area an TRONS arena, I already had been puttering on when I was finishing up the carrier.

T=| (EOL)
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

ok. cool. Maybe I missed it. I figured you would include it.
T;)
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Tv| (GREETINGS)

Ya, pretty much the only areas in the Games Domain section of the film I was not going to add was the cave area, and the escape route they used in the film as that should give ppl a reason to play the LDSO map, as its nice as it is, and very enjoyable to play.
While I would personally like to add it all in that domain, but it would just be too much for me alone to accomplish without it taking forever... I mean look how long the carrier alone took me by itself. But dont fear.... I AM doing this as far as I can on this engine. My only concern is my limited understanding of commands at this point. As I DONT want a nice looking map... but be one of those... "close but he could ahve done more" kind of map builds. All or nothing. So saddly I must state that I will prob have to ask alot of questions about commands as I progress.
I hope no one here minds too much. T-[

...the biggest question that I mave atm, is I would like to know how you LDSO guys made your Recognizers fly around & move like they did in there LC map... "REALLY"...[REALLY] want those patrolling my map like they did in that map.
If its complicated, I am willing to learn "whatever" I have to; even another programs use" to achieve it... seriously! !YES! (YES)

I [might] later try to request the LDSO work for their LC arena escape route, but at this point I need to show how dedicated I am to the project first.
I dont want to ask tho untill I am in need of it... if I even use it. Plus, ya never know by then I may just try to build it all myself.... again, its all still up in the air at this point.

I will have a MUCH better idea of what I can and what I can NOT do in a map, and FOR this map, once I get basic geometry built for it all an look at a rough polycount for the HD Games Domain map.

So far, I find that large faces are not ANYWHERE near as troublesome as a geometrically cut shape with lots of cuts on it... raises polycount by at leas 20-50 per plane cut for simple glow detailing. But if its a solid face with a detailed up custom texture, I find its alot less trouble, and keeps the polycount low.

So for all those random angle shape sections of chotchkies that make up the top-down-view of the game domain I plan to use same size planes cut as minimally as humanly possible, and use one of 4 textures I plan to make up for them all And a randomly used rainbow spectrum 5th one that can be seen sporadically thruout the games domains sections walls on the light face from the top-down angle shots in the film as it pans over to the Light Cycle Arena...yes I have done my homework for this, and I am VERY looking forward to this project.

The other sections will of course require some custom made textures, but at this point I am comfortable making them, even if mine are simple looking at times. Again to save processing I will recycle as many textures as possible, and keep cutting to a minimum for processing.

I will update again ASAP.
T=| (EOL)
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

For a Recognizer (or any geometry) following a circular path, use the rotate object field in properties. Just grab the object from one of my maps and next the Recognizer inside the object on the node tree. You MAY have to add it as an attachment, but I have not found the need to do this very often.

Method 1: Circular path around a central point
Step 1: add object and position as center of rotating zone
Step 2: add Recognizer and nest inside object on node tree
Step 3: position Recognizer thus that Recognizer will follow a path around the object
Step 4: adjust X or Y movement appropriately for speed

Method 2:
keyframer
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

GOD NO!!! "NO WAY" am I using the "excessively" basic circular rotating method... it might work... but it looks "REALLY" BAD when trying to imitate a flying recognizer...[shivers].

I will most likely try to learn key-framing then if that was how they did it, as I LOVED the VERY film accurate recreation to the fly momentium and motions with there recognizers. An, as with my carrier build, 95% or better film accuracy is my target for my map[.]
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

Hmm, I think you've gotten our work confused with someone else's. If I'm right, you're talking about the map TRON LIGHTCYCLE when referring to the "LC Arena escape" map.

That map was not made by anyone in LDSO. It was made by Layer. (Though I did help him a teensy bit by supplying the music, and I also suggested the easter egg in that map which he implemented. The escape is not the easter egg . . . try using Sark's control panel in spectator mode.)

As for the Recognizer patrolling, yup that's done with a keyframer.
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

[DOES "HUGE" Spitake!!!!]

OMG THATS COOL!!!
I NEVER WOULD HAVE given a second thought [ONCE] to trying that as spectator!!! WOW THAT LOOKS GOOD!
An thats just a simple a flat plane with animation...[ponders].. hmm.... perhaps I was wrong about just using a flat plane an a texture....
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Re: Map - HD Games Domain - progress- 4.1%

Post by HangmanEXE »

Tv| (GREETINGS)

I thought that I would swing by an post an update on the project so far.
I have scrapped my original build as it was not at all to scale. I have went back an did a "VERY" through study of the Games domain areas footage as seen in the HD TRON film and I have managed to get a very accurate scale to work from now.
So building on a 90%+ accurate scaled map of the Games Domain has now started.

Since my map build design drawings were so popular last time, here are my drawings I did yesterday while doing the study of the footage, [these reference drawings are what I am building the basic size geometry of the map by]...

"The Main area of the Games Domain"
Map image 1.JPG
"Light Cycle Arenas Position in Games Domain from where best guess of the main area is located"
Map image 2.JPG
I will post some pics of the build and an new progress report update asap.

T=| (EOL)

[/color]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.