Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Scripting tutorials?

Post by BeyondHeretic »

Hi there

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any or is good at scripting in the Lithtech engine? I'm less interested in making Tron 2.0 maps as much as other Lithtech titles like No One Lives Forever and AVP2. And I'm somewhat suspecting that there shouldn't be that many differences between them.

Specifically I'm wondering how to script AI, cutscenes, elevators etc. It's a little confusing working from the sample maps provided.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Re: Scripting tutorials?

Post by TronFAQ »

Hey there, nice to see you here. T-)

Unfortunately, nothing has really changed since the last time we conversed through Steam chat. The situation is still the same.

Pretty much all that's left in the way of Lithtech tutorials, is on the site Weylerworks. And even he's mostly just linking to old tutorials saved on archive.org (aka The Wayback Machine). The only decent cutscene tutorial linked at Weylerworks is on this page.

There are also the sites UnityHQ and PlanetLith where you could ask for help. (I think I've already seen you post at UnityHQ under a different name, though.)
BeyondHeretic
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Re: Scripting tutorials?

Post by BeyondHeretic »

TronFAQ wrote:Hey there, nice to see you here. T-)

Unfortunately, nothing has really changed since the last time we conversed through Steam chat. The situation is still the same.

Pretty much all that's left in the way of Lithtech tutorials, is on the site Weylerworks. And even he's mostly just linking to old tutorials saved on archive.org (aka The Wayback Machine). The only decent cutscene tutorial linked at Weylerworks is on this page.

There are also the sites UnityHQ and PlanetLith where you could ask for help. (I think I've already seen you post at UnityHQ under a different name, though.)
I actually found a bunch of really good tutorials. Although not for NOLF like I would've wanted but instead AVP2, another Lithtech game.

I found them in an archive so I mirrored them on moddb.

http://www.moddb.com/games/aliens-vs-pr ... e-tutorial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.moddb.com/games/aliens-vs-pr ... /tutorials" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spydave's tutorial is more of a general how-to so I mirrored it as well with it's images. Since I was surprised they were working and I don't want to lose this information.

http://www.moddb.com/games/no-one-lives ... e-tutorial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd imagine a lot of this information works for Tron 2.0 and every other Lithtech game so this information is very valuable to others who want to edit for it. Later I might try and adapt some of this information into a new tutorial for some of the other Lithtech games. IE: Nolf, Shogo or even Tron.