deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Dedit, Map Making Q's

Post by deeahchur »

I'll take a stab at the basic solution for the forcefield wall. Tie it in to the handle trigger. Start the walls hidden and set a timer. delay each wall appropriately for which wall shows first, second, third, etc. maybe another trigger "deactivates" the forcefield to allow the player out, or just set a timer.

Additionally, you could make the player impervious while within the forcefield, set to "Never Destroy" or a very high armor/health. Not sure if a blocker will need to be added to this to prevent damage from bypassing the field to still injure the player inside, tho (such as from a cluster disc or prankster bit).
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

HangmanEXE wrote:Got 3 new Dedit Learning Q's for ya guys.

-[edit 2]-

Added new question.
Does anyone have any ideas how that I could go about creating that forcefield wall that came down in layers and surrounded Sark as he spoke to the MCP?
[just from outsides appearance... inside would be a hell to do not even going think about that sde yet...[shivers]..
You'll want to use a trigger and command object set up like this:

You can see video of it all in action here:

http://vimeo.com/444679
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by HangmanEXE »

[DOES SPITTAKE!!!]

...OMG...

[DROOLS "BAD"]
DUDE!!! I REALLY enjoyed watchin that! I laughed my butt off... I LOVED that part when the hardware had already lapped the arena an Sark was just loadin in, an he about crapped himself..... HAHA!!! lol

Zook, I GOTTA ask! Do you still have that "inner" MCP side in the background of that bottom pic????

!!!OH DEAR GOD!! PLZ SAY YES!!!

"IF" you do any chance I could get access to it for the interface ring for when players are inside it?

[crosses fingers & toes...an arms, an legs]

P.S. Any way I could get a direct link to that so I can save it with my other tron vids?
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my day we didn't need these fancy R,G,B, LCD an 3D colors!
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

That was impressive! Why haven't we seen this earlier, Zook?
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

...seriously please let me know if I can get access to that Zook.
[sigh]...even if this is a matter of money for it...

...I have worked far too hard and long to not go all out on this carrier to finish it.
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

zook_one wrote:You can see video of it all in action here:

Heh, guess I don't need to bother with a writeup any more. :D

@Hangman: Because I thought you wanted scrolling displays, I mentioned the TextureEffects. But since I see now that you're after animated displays, then it's back to sprites for that. Though the panels in the game were usually a combination of the two.
HangmanEXE wrote:-[EDIT]- apologies to everyone for all my pestering Questions. I do intend to do write ups of all this helpful info on the WIKI once it goes live, "hopefully" some ppl will read it an might save everyone some irritation...lord knows you LDSO guys deserve it for putting up with ppl like me for so long... rotflol.
Believe me, yours and deeahchur's enthusiasm are a breath of fresh air around here. Otherwise, it would be pretty dead and boring. That's what this forum was meant for, to discuss and share enthusiasm about Tron in general and perhaps Tron 2.0 in particular. Especially the mapping/modding aspect of things. It's kind of tragic that, despite Tron's popularity, we don't see more projects happening.

The Wiki might help with that. I wish I could tell you when the Wiki was going live, but I don't know at this point. I sent our site admin, Load, files a month ago now to get the process started, and none of the upgrades have occurred yet. I don't know what's taking so long. And I won't send any more files until the first stage of updating is done, because I don't want to overwhelm him with too much to do at once. Maybe some appeals from you guys will speed things up?
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Ah, the video is old. I made it in 2008, probably just missed it. Glad you thought it was funny, lots of folks here help me make it happen.

Sorry folks but the MCP is not available. It might appear in some future LDSO project(s).

The MCP scene invovles a bit of machinima magic, including numerous camera, set and model switches.

It was pretty easy to make MCP cyclinder though. You make him flat and then use a modifer in 3DS to wrap him into a cyclinder. Talking MCP is a bit tough though.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

zook_one wrote:Ah, the video is old. I made it in 2008, probably just missed it. Glad you thought it was funny, lots of folks here help me make it happen.
Well, it was VERY enjoyable to watch zook!.... SERIOUSLY! lol.
zook_one wrote:The MCP scene invovles a bit of machinima magic, including numerous camera, set and model switches.

It was pretty easy to make MCP cyclinder though. You make him flat and then use a modifer in 3DS to wrap him into a cyclinder. Talking MCP is a bit tough though.
Well I only intended to use him as a static nonmoving face for the inside of the ring shield while ppl were inside it to give them somethin to look at and enjoy while a small audio clip of him talking from the film played before a teleport was triggered in that spot which would move the player to a new map section.
zook_one wrote:Sorry folks but the MCP is not available. It might appear in some future LDSO project(s).
....[sigh].

Should have figured as much... well if it cant be shared, I will just have to make it myself.

[grumbles]... will delay my Derez map release tho... always somethin with my luck, lol.

BUT! It shouldnt be too hard. From its appearances in the images it looks to be divided into 3 or 4 parts, 2 front [1half face sections] each, and then possibly 1 or 2 parts to make up the large rear half.
It should be a "relatively" simply process using a cylinder with about 128 vertical strips that are cut into many multiple horizontal cuts with the points then geometry edited 3D to give the face look.... the eyes "appear" to be a screen capture from the film to add to the accuracy of the MCP face's textures.

Am I close.... of not, no biggie as that is how I will do it for mine, as I have to have one now. rotflol
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Appologies FAQ, I didnt spot your reply!
tronfaq wrote:
zook_one wrote:You can see video of it all in action here:

Heh, guess I don't need to bother with a writeup any more. :D

@Hangman: Because I thought you wanted scrolling displays, I mentioned the TextureEffects. But since I see now that you're after animated displays, then it's back to sprites for that. Though the panels in the game were usually a combination of the two.
Joy.... was afraid I was gonna have to do more custom textures, lol.... part about that that sucks is making all those custom alpha layers... lol.
The main console texture will just be recycled with a few squares color changed for the Null Unit console. Same situation for a animated system map display.

Atm all I know how to do is make a sprite an then put it to a obj like how I did my blinkers an static lights all over the carrier. But when you do that it rotates the image to keep it facing you. That wouldnt work for a console texture.

Could you explain how I would go about doing animated textures on a geometry face FAQ?
tronfaq wrote:
HangmanEXE wrote:-[EDIT]- apologies to everyone for all my pestering Questions. I do intend to do write ups of all this helpful info on the WIKI once it goes live, "hopefully" some ppl will read it an might save everyone some irritation...lord knows you LDSO guys deserve it for putting up with ppl like me for so long... rotflol.
Believe me, yours and deeahchur's enthusiasm are a breath of fresh air around here. Otherwise, it would be pretty dead and boring. That's what this forum was meant for, to discuss and share enthusiasm about Tron in general and perhaps Tron 2.0 in particular. Especially the mapping/modding aspect of things. It's kind of tragic that, despite Tron's popularity, we don't see more projects happening.

The Wiki might help with that. I wish I could tell you when the Wiki was going live, but I don't know at this point. I sent our site admin, Load, files a month ago now to get the process started, and none of the upgrades have occurred yet. I don't know what's taking so long. And I won't send any more files until the first stage of updating is done, because I don't want to overwhelm him with too much to do at once. Maybe some appeals from you guys will speed things up?
I hear ya FAQ... this is a VERY under-appreciated little community. We "DEF" need more ppl.
I will go spam some of the various forums I have joined in the past tonight to see if I cant scare up at least a few new members, An I will repost on Facebook again as well.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

HangmanEXE wrote:Atm all I know how to do is make a sprite an then put it to a obj like how I did my blinkers an static lights all over the carrier. But when you do that it rotates the image to keep it facing you. That wouldnt work for a console texture.
There's a property or two you can change to keep the sprite from rotating. So it will remain flat on the panel.

Click on the AdditionalFlags button. Setting FlushWithWorld to True and Rotatable to True (it's the opposite of what you would expect) should prevent it from rotating. You may also need change Glow and ZBias, but probably not.
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

TYVM FAQ, I app that info.

Now I can get to work on an animated Null Unit Console and system Map ASAP. That should beef the carriers bridge up a bit.

Thanks Again FAQ!

:)
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Tv| (GREETINGS)

Ok, new Q for you vets.
What is the best program to use for ripping sound clips from movies? What format/etc do I need to have sound files in for the maximum compatibility for importing these files for use in Dedit for maps?
-Also If at all possible could you please list the programs that you have used in the past the gave highest quality results for doing this. [If you could do this I would be very grateful].

I ask as I would like to rip some sounds/FX from the Original TRON HD film that I have for use in my maps, and I was curious how to do this, and if there was anything specific that I need, or would have to learn how to use.

Thanks Guys

T=| (EOL)
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Here's my take on how to rip audio from the Tron DVD and convert it for use in the game. Though deeahchur's suggestion of looking around online for sound effects first is a good idea. That SmartRipper program also looks good.

Probably the easiest way to rip the audio, though, is using DVD Shrink.

Click Open Disc and find the DVD, click Re-author, then go through the titles and preview each one. There's a play button and a preview area at the bottom that will show you each title/track on the DVD. You should be able to check and uncheck each track you want or don't want. Like, you'll probably want to leave out the ads, copyright warning, THX stuff, and other junk.

In the drop-down where it shows Automatic, change that to No compression. Otherwise, the quality of the audio that gets ripped will be reduced. For each title that you selected to rip, keep the AC3 2-ch English audio track but skip the 5.1-ch track. The game won't support 5.1 audio, anyway.

After all that's done, click Backup. The program will prompt you where to rip it to on the hard drive. Be sure to have lots of free space, probably several hundred megs worth. Also, be prepared to wait for a LONG time. It could take hours. Though strictly ripping the audio may speed things up a fair bit.

Once the ripping is completed, download and install Audacity if you don't already have it. It's a free audio editor. Not only can you convert the audio format with the program, but you'll also be able to trim, cut, paste, fade, etc.

Load each track into Audacity, find the part of the audio you want to keep and trim away the rest, then save the track as a Windows PCM 16-bit 22050Hz (22 Khz) mono .WAV file. You'll probably need to mix/merge the two stereo tracks into one mono track first before saving. Mono is guaranteed to work for everyone. Stereo is not.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

Excellent resource FAQ!

Next question, then . . .

In order to use a track in the background, can we just add that to the MUSIC folder and select the track through DEdit Worldproperties properties?

Do we need to create a cue file like the other level tracks have?

I'll try some experimentation in the meantime.
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G