TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

TRON Uprising Petition

Post by TronFAQ »

Fans are banding together and signing a petition, to help save TRON Uprising. If you'd like to know more, please visit the link below. Then sign the petition!

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2012/11/tro ... ition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In case you aren't aware, the show is in trouble and may be cancelled due to low ratings, as I mentioned in an earlier message post.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White

Re: TRON Uprising Petition

Post by deeahchur »

Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

For what I'm about to say, I know I probably won't endear myself to some Uprising fans. But I'm going to say it anyway.

Having more than one petition is not a good idea. It makes the fan community look amateurish and disorganized. If we can't all get behind one petition, and feel the need to splinter off into several camps, then Disney will not take us as seriously. The same people signing two petitions, or signing the same petition more than once, will result in Disney blowing us off.

Back when I did a petition and mailed it in a few years ago, the same sorts of things were happening. I saw people signing the petition multiple times. I went in and deleted the duplicate signatures (but kept the originals), so they wouldn't inflate the signature count. Someone also proposed starting another petition, and I made my case as to why that was a bad idea. I asked why people couldn't just sign the existing petition. In the end, I guess people saw the logic and a second petition did not appear.

The previous petition got over 1,000 signatures at the time I mailed it in. I felt this was the bare minimum before Disney would give it any credence. I advised Brad that his petition should also aim for at least 1,000, and he agreed with me. Even then, that much is a paltry amount to Disney. But I'm afraid it will have to suffice. Since the rate at which people are signing right now is pretty slow, like mine was before.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

That's understandable. I'm not as versed on the politics for signing petitions; however, when I saw that one petition just needed "a few more", I figured why not? I support the notion either way, and both concepts of when to move the show or to what degree the show receives positive access is always a good thing.

I don't have Disney XD, so I had been watching via the XD website; however, that set of episodes has not progressed to include the current (last I checked, anyway), so I started going with a third party for online streaming in order to catch up. I would much prefer to have an "on demand" option to Uprising through my current service provided by Comcast; a notion which would be very good for Disney for shows such as this!
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Yep, I don't get Disney XD either. That right there is the number one contributing factor to Uprising's ratings struggle. Disney's insistence on keeping the show exclusive to the XD channel.

I'm going to wait until the episodes show up online in higher quality, though. I don't want to watch pixelated, blocky video streams if I can help it.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

http://tron-legacy.deviantart.com/journ ... -347775982

!NO! Th( !NO! For those who are unable to follow the link, the long and short of it is no second season for Tron Uprising?! T-( Petition available, and tweets encouraged @DisneyPR. !NO! Th( !NO!
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

The Twitter account quoted on that page is wrong/fake. The account people should tweet to is @TronLegacy.

Thanks for the info, d. Unfortunately, I saw this day coming. Total bummer, naturally.

More petitions? Sigh. Sorry, but it's getting a bit silly now. There are at least 3 of them. It's not that I don't think it's a good idea and that it can't work. Far from it. But, like I said before, if everyone would just sign one petition it would be better for all concerned.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

I urge everyone who has a Twitter account to tweet to both @TronLegacy and @DisneyChannelPR if you haven't already. Let them know you don't want to see TRON Uprising cancelled. The kind of instant feedback Twitter provides is something they will definitely pay attention to.

Unfortunately, it seems Disney has their minds made up already and want to end the series. But a flood of tweets in their direction is still worth a try. Spread this suggestion around as much as possible, because we'll need A LOT of tweets to make any kind of dent.

http://twitter.com/TronLegacy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://twitter.com/DisneyChannelPR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Meatsack
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Meatsack »

What do you think Disney would say to a direct-to-DVD compilation of the "remaining" Uprising episodes. I put in the quotes because I suspect the episodes haven't even been made yet. But seriously, Disney's gone direct-to-DVD with real POS titles without a dedicated fanbase. They would stand to at least financially break even on us!
This space intentionally left blank.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Found an article on IGN where Edward Kitsis is apparently claiming the fate of Uprising is "undecided".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/13/ ... re-viewers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, if you read between the lines it translates to "if we don't get a lot more viewers, quickly, the show is cancelled".

Maybe an outpouring of support NOW might still have an effect, though.

@Meatsack: New Uprising on DVD/Blu-ray would be an excellent way to continue the series. They'd get a significant return, instead of having to rely on advertising revenue. Hope they go that route, if they don't want to continue on television.