VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Red
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Re: Voice acting required?

Post by VorMaeN »

I'll watch more carefully to my private messages. Long July, let me tell you...
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

It's been awhile. Other than fixing an issue with login attempts I haven't heard from you guys. Saw a patch fix on MODDB....is User Error 3 still happening?

BTW added more voice work to my MODDB page, just for the hell of it.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

VorMaeN wrote:User Error 3 still happening?
Yup, it's still being worked on. But moving very slowly. Only one level could be considered complete, right now. With a couple more perhaps nearing completion. Which would put the project at around 1/3 complete, once they're done. Still a fair way to go.

Three new screenshots were posted on ModDB recently, and we're in the process of putting together some more to show that progress is being made and work continues.

As soon as all the level designs are finalized, that's when we'll be asking for your help. T-)
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Always have to keep checking in. I'm still totally down with this project. In that time I was a part of the MERP project, was going to voice Gollum, but we all know how that ended. Currently I am working on the Skywind (Morrowind on Skyrim engine) voicing various wood elf, Orcs and Kajiit characters.

So how's the progress?
AnimeMasta
Registered users
Registered users

Post by AnimeMasta »

If you want a crazy Australian-accented boss, let us know. Tc)
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

VorMaeN wrote:I'm still totally down with this project.
Thanks! I really appreciate your patience.

I know we're moving very slowly, and in fact at the moment the project has kind of stalled a bit. Not much progress has been made the last few months. Everyone's had IRL events to deal with, which hasn't left much time to work on UE3. But, some work has still been done. As I think you've already seen. (The first-person DataWraith arm and weapon tests.)
In that time I was a part of the MERP project, was going to voice Gollum, but we all know how that ended.
That really sucks. I hate it when companies throw their weight around like that, to block fan projects. Yeah, I know, gotta "use it or lose it" when it comes to enforcing intellectual property. But I still think many businesses are utterly callous and not very consumer savvy at all.

Luckily, for UE3, it's a Tron mod for a Tron game. So we won't run into the same problem. In fact, that's the main reason we're sticking with Tron 2.0 for making this expansion. (It was either that, or Tron Evolution . . . bleh.) We'd love to free ourselves of the limitations of such an old game engine, but if we make this mod for any other game we'd risk getting shut down by Disney. That's if we want to use the actual Tron IP, rather than create some kind of knock-off.

Then again, it's finding creative ways around the limitations that can be rewarding in itself. Everybody's doing mods for Source, Unreal, etc. How many people can say they overcame the frustrations of Lithtech? Not to mention, Tron 2.0 can run on a toaster nowadays. No need for an expensive computer to run it.
AnimeMasta wrote:If you want a crazy Australian-accented boss, let us know.
Heh! Tz) If you'd like to do a voice, send me a private message here and let me know your e-mail address so I can contact you when the time comes. I don't know how often you visit the forum, so if I send you a PM here you might not see it for a long time.
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Okay, so roughly four years have passed by, and I haven't the foggiest what's going on. Tron is and always will be a love of mine, and I won't give up. My services are still available. Currently working on the mod Fear in Hands for the SOMA engine. Please, contact me if there is any need for me at this point in time. Keep up the good work guys, can't wait to play User Error 3.
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Re: Voice acting required? -Techro

Post by Techromancer »

Hi folks!

Been wondering about progress on UE3 - I am game to help with voice acting which can also involve my sound/synth/voice manipulation talents as well. Please advise as to what you want or need and/or if you want me to experiment with providing different versions of provided samples you may have already required!!! SO DOWN 4 THIS!! T-)

Sorry I did not get to this sooner but I JUST graduated with my BS in Game Art & Design 12/16/16! !YES! (YES)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Techro |___| __o-o

"the only clear view is atop the mountain of your dead selves...." Peter j Parroll

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Load81
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange

Post by Load81 »

I haven't heard much about any progress on UE3 for quite some time. It's been pretty empty out here on the grid for the past months, but it's good to know that Tron 2.0 is still on people's minds. Also, congratulations on your degree! Very exciting for you!

Load
ldso:// Load"*",8,1
http://www.fraglesstees.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ldso.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Hey folks! I know I haven't been around much, but I'm still alive. T-D

I've continued to work on my part of User Error 3, but I'll freely admit it's been on the backburner due to focusing most of my attention on getting v1.2 of Killer App Mod done. Once I've put that to bed, I can turn my full energy toward User Error! Any and all help - voice acting or otherwise - is also still appreciated.

As an aside: TRON 2.0 has just been released on GOG (and it's already on Steam), which is awesome because it will eventually help showcase everyone's contributions and talent to a wider audience. !YES! (YES)