How is the Work in progress on 1.2 Version going?

KILLER APP.MOD Updates and Information!
Brut
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: How is the Work in progress on 1.2 Version going?

Post by Brut »

(GREETINGS) :) the time goes quickly and tomorrow is the 9th of July ;) I have put some slivovica, wine and beer in the fridge for this big day. Do we have the 1.2 party, right? :)
BRUT(dot)me - my Homepage
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

Brut wrote:(GREETINGS) :) the time goes quickly and tomorrow is the 9th of July ;) I have put some slivovica, wine and beer in the fridge for this big day. Do we have the 1.2 party, right? :)
I didn't make it in time for the anniversary date. But I'll try to have preview videos, and a version of the mod that people can test, as soon as possible.

The mod won't be fully complete, but at least people can try it out. I specifically need feedback on the changes made to multiplayer. I don't know how many players will like or dislike the new respawning changes, new weapons, new powerups, etc.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

uff, okey though, but not very positive answer... sometimes less is more
antipode
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by antipode »

That's still excellent news! Personally I can't wait to give it a go, even if 100% of the features aren't completely done. Really appreciate your work on this mod over all these years.

(Since I'm here, I also wanted to suggest a potential feature - would it be possible to implement a setting that would let us disable the custom intro animation with Jet that plays on the menu? I actually really like this animation, but it'd be nice to have the ability to turn it off when I want, such as when I'm opening the game repeatedly for tweaks and such. Or is this already a setting, and I've just overlooked it?)

Anyway thanks again, and my hype is building!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

antipode wrote:(Since I'm here, I also wanted to suggest a potential feature - would it be possible to implement a setting that would let us disable the custom intro animation with Jet that plays on the menu? I actually really like this animation, but it'd be nice to have the ability to turn it off when I want, such as when I'm opening the game repeatedly for tweaks and such. Or is this already a setting, and I've just overlooked it?)
Open the autoexec.cfg file in the Tron 2.0 folder, in a text editor. Add this line and then save your changes.

Code: Select all

"skiptitle" "1"
This will skip the opening TRON 2.0 title screen, and if I remember correctly it also skips the animation that was added by the mod. Changing the parameter to "0" (or deleting the line) will restore them.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

Helloo, any news there?

I wanted to wait to 1.2 version and then decide if I will run the server or not, but it takes too long and i am doing it now.
How is the multiplayer these days, I have never seen anyone playing on tron-servers.net 8-O . This is the reason I wanted to make it with bots too, but it seems that bots in multiplayer are in this game really forgotten and bad implemented... If I try to use the two lightcycle maps with bots, the bots only appear first time in the map in map AI_ARENA_REDUX, next rounds not and on the CRACK_SPEEDWAY_AI they sometimes do not appear at all. And the are really frustrating, the game ignores them, even if i kill myself my team won...
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Regarding how v1.2 of Killer App is going, I posted about it on GOG.com:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/relea ... 9a/post112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(TRON 2.0 can be bought from GOG.com now, in addition to Steam. All the mods work with the GOG version, too.)

As for bots in the Light Cycle maps, again that was up to the map maker. In the case of the maps you're talking about, the authors of those maps deliberately made it so Light Cycle bots would not appear every race.

And yes, you're correct about bots not being able to score points. They don't count. Only real opponents do.

Regarding how popular TRON 2.0 multiplayer is. It comes and goes, depending on the time of year and whether or not the game goes on sale on Steam or GOG.

Whenever the game goes on sale at a discount, there's always a surge of new players trying out multiplayer. The same happens during holidays. So March/Spring Break, Summer Vacation in July/August, and Christmas.

The rest of the time, it's only a few players every weekend. During the week (Monday-Friday) it's mostly dead. That's why the LDSO multiplayer servers only run on weekends.

But you have to remember, a lot of people don't investigate if there's a way to make multiplayer work again. They assume TRON 2.0 multiplayer is dead/broken and never bother to check. Making them aware of the fact that multiplayer can still be played, is a challenge.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

Hi,
any new info on . version?

oh and btw, who ran the tron-servers.net website? it is down for a longer time, but I would like to know the edits it used to LGSL to make it compatible with tron 2?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Brut wrote:Hi,
any new info on . version?
You can see some of the most recent progress in this topic. A third Single Player fixes trailer video is being worked on right now.

Though I post most frequently about v1.2 progress on the LDSO Twitter account.
oh and btw, who ran the tron-servers.net website? it is down for a longer time
The tron-servers.net site isn't actually gone. But it's changed its address to tron.hirnschwund.net. There's a "contact" link in the upper right corner of the page, if you want to get in touch with the site's owner (schmatzler) and ask him questions.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

thanx for the info, I do not use twitter at all, when do u see it could be released?
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

Hello,

again the same question :) do u have som kind of date for the release, it tooks almost an eternity :-?

and btw what has happened with that great tron phpbb theme?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Brut wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:02 am
again the same question :) do u have som kind of date for the release, it tooks almost an eternity :-?
No ETA at the moment. Personal circumstances have slowed progress the last few years, and I can't say for sure when. But it will get done, and you can be certain I'll be shouting from the rooftops when it's ready.

I do continue to post progress updates here:
https://twitter.com/i/events/1106632744799535105
and btw what has happened with that great tron phpbb theme?
I don't know the full details yet, but there was a problem with our server and the forum posts were nearly lost. We still haven't finished fixing everything yet, and I'm not sure if the forum's custom theme can be restored in the short-term. Hopefully it can, long-term.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

I understand, do u have now more info? hope u made some progress, how are u going?

what feature is slowing u down? is it necessary for the 1.2 version?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Brut wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:53 am
I understand, do u have now more info? hope u made some progress, how are u going?

what feature is slowing u down? is it necessary for the 1.2 version?
Progress has been so slow, not so much because of features. But because I'm mostly working on the project alone at the moment, and because of personal things that have been going on in my life.

I don't really like talking about my private life, but I did feel I owed everyone an explanation as to why progress has been so slow. So I posted it here: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srijn6

My personal situation has changed, so I have more free time now. I can work on the mod projects at a quicker pace again.

I continue to post updates here: https://twitter.com/i/events/1106632744799535105

And you don't need a Twitter account to view these updates. T-)
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

Hello friend
glad to hear from You, really sad that this forum seems to be dead. Hope the work on the mod will progress with luck and that Your family will be healthy and stay away from this new covid thread. All these illnesses affected my family and personal life too in a not positive way, but try to focus on good things. If You need an help, just let me know

Best Regards