TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Killer App Mod v1.2 Preview

Post by TronFAQ »

Lately I’ve been contacted by a lot of people asking what’s up with Killer App Mod v1.2. I’ve had the last week off (had my Birthday on Monday May 14th, decided to make this week and the upcoming long weekend into one long vacation) and have been putting together another preview trailer.

It’s not going to be the Final Preview trailer, that I’ve talked about before. Originally, I didn’t want to post any more preview videos until v1.2 was almost finished. But, since people have kept asking what’s up, I’ll post a few more previews before the final one.

https://twitter.com/_LDSO_/status/998053856641765376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The video above is just a brief glimpse at what will be in the preview trailer.

I don’t have an ETA for when the completed Killer App Mod v1.2 will release. But, I am trying to put together a public test version (that will still not be 100% complete) by a certain anniversary date. (Hint: It’s something’s 15th Anniversary this year.)

The Z-Lots in Single Player have always thrown the Ball Primitive, as seen in this video. But in the vanilla Retail version of the game, and previous versions of the Killer App Mod: when the Z-Lots fired Ball Launcher projectiles, the hand-held weapon looked like the Ball Primitive. Now, the weapon really is a Ball Launcher.

Though none of the Z-Lots use the Drunken Dims in the Single Player campaign: if people ever want to create their own Single Player maps, the Z-Lots can now use the Drunken Dims, and have the hand-held weapon match (instead of, again, looking like the Ball Primitive).

Also, please note that what you’re seeing is work-in-progress and may not be final.
antipode
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by antipode »

Excellent, very encouraging to see signs of life! Looking forward to the test release.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

This trailer showcases many of the fixes to the Single Player levels of TRON 2.0, via the upcoming Killer App Mod v1.2. (Some have been shown in previous trailers, but most are new.)

These are all the Single Player issues I've personally noticed, or had pointed out to me. (Some by Mister Julius. Thanks!) But I'm sure I've still missed a few.

The trailer was originally meant to show ALL the Single Player level fixes. But the video became too long, and showing the rest of the fixes had to be postponed until another trailer.

One of the mandates of Killer App Mod v1.2 has always been to fix or enhance the Single Player campaign, a goal partly inspired by the similar (in purpose) System Shock 2 Community Patch (SCP).

Time stamps for notable changes and fixes:

General changes/fixes
  • 00:36 - Fall damage reduced further (earlier versions of the mod already reduced fall damage, but it's been toned down further)
  • 00:55 - Changing disc and arm colors in Single Player via the Mod Manager also changes Jet's body armor color
  • 01:31 - Jet's thrown third-person discs now look the same as the first-person view discs
  • 02:04 - ICPs' thrown third-person discs now look the same as the first-person view discs
  • 03:16 - Kernel's thrown third-person discs now look the same as the first-person view discs
  • 03:47 - Z-Lots now hold third-person handheld model that reflects which weapon is actually in use (instead of always looking like the Ball Primitive)
Program Initialization level
  • 04:25 - Enhancements to opening cutscene (specifically the laser status board changing what it displays)
  • 07:32 - No penalty for de-rezzing help programs or Byte, by using cheat to obtain weapons early, has been remedied (to be consistent with all other levels)
Combat Training Arena level
  • 10:00 - Added glow to second smaller practice arena platform, to match the first one
  • 11:29 - Fixed switches (not accurately showing status) and energy bridge (texture panning effect missing)
  • 11:50 - Mesh Primitive removed from Archive Bin
The Mesh Primitive was removed because, in terms of the game's story, it makes no sense for it to be available that early. It seems clear this was a mistake, and accidentally left in from earlier game testing. The Xbox version of TRON 2.0 also removed the Mesh Primitive, for the same reason.

Jet is introduced to the Mesh Primitive much later during a cutscene, and from that point onward it makes sense for him to have access to it. Not before.

Even if the Mesh Primitive was left in, the player – SPOILER ALERT – loses all their weapons two levels later, anyway. So the period where the Mesh Primitive can be used early is short-lived.

Program Integration level
  • 12:00 - Fixed regression causing disc to not appear on Jet's left arm in many cutscenes, and updated disc to look identical to first-person view
  • 12:30 - Added Build Note "hint" that only appears when Gold cheat is used, to remind players there is a Beta subroutine they can optimize so they won't get stuck in the level
  • 13:46 - Fixed exploit allowing player to jump into another part of the level early
  • 16:14 - Smaller Quarantine Protocol force fields now turn off along with the larger one (leaving them on after Jet disables security measures didn't make much sense)
  • 17:35 - Changed Exit Port beam to be consistent with other levels, added objective completion message, fixed Kernel Aide's lips not moving when he speaks in cutscene
  • 19:02 - Screenshot of Killer App Mod v1.2 changelog (at the time this trailer was uploaded)
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Eight levels in roughly 28 minutes. This second trailer showcases many of the fixes to the Single Player levels of TRON 2.0, via the upcoming Killer App Mod v1.2.

These are all the Single Player issues I’ve personally noticed, or had pointed out to me. (Some by Mister Julius. Thanks!) But I’m sure I’ve still missed a few.

The plan was to do two trailers demoing all the Single Player fixes, at most. But there’s too much to fit into only two, and yet still keep them at a “reasonable” length. So there’s going to be one more, a third one!

One of the mandates of Killer App Mod v1.2 has always been to fix or enhance the Single Player campaign, a goal partly inspired by the similar (in purpose) System Shock 2 Community Patch (SCP).

Prisoner Bin
  • 00:36 - Enhancement to opening cutscene for 16:9 aspect ratio (the actual player model not being visible while an “actor” version of Jet is doing the cutscene)
  • 02:30 - Empty prisoner cells can now be opened with permissions cheat
  • 03:05 - Encryption keys are difficult to destroy with certain weapons, this has been fixed (for the sake of Gold cheat users)
  • 05:03 - Added sound effect for force field (which was missing)
  • 05:59 - Fixed Exit Port beam missing beam splash and sound effects, textures in “socket” behind it dark and not panning
Transport Station
  • 06:26 - Fixed Exit Port beam not having beam splash or sound effect
  • 06:53 - Fixed Exit Port textures in “socket” behind it being misaligned and not panning
  • 08:09 - Switches at energy bridge now work for permissions cheat users, and the switches more accurately reflect their current status
  • 10:46 - Fixed Mooring App switches not making any sounds, and added objective completion message when boarding transport
Primary Digitizing
  • 11:49 - Fixed green light “leaking” into area where it shouldn’t be visible
  • 12:17 - Fixed switches controlling bulkhead door (right before Ma3a) not being in sync with each other
  • 13:04 - Fixed Ma3a referring to the player as “Jet” too early (instead of “Alan Two”)
Ma3a should not be saying “Jet” when he frees her from her dock, and in fact she goes back to saying “Alan Two” in a cutscene right after this. It’s not until the next level that Jet asks Ma3a to refer to him by his real name, instead of his User name. From that point on, Ma3a then calls him “Jet”.
  • 13:17 - Fixed missing build point and objective notifications when Exit Port is reached
  • 13:33 - Fixed missing Exit Port base and beam activation sound happening too early
Alan’s Desktop PC
  • 13:53 - Enhancements to video archive cutscene for 16:9 aspect ratio (Popoff is more visible at start, she doesn’t “pop in” when she begins moving, and camera pans instead of “jumping”)
  • 15:58 - Second I/O Node can no longer be interacted with, and task list hint about where to go added
Players often get stuck on this level, when Ma3a says “activate the I/O Node”. There’s an I/O Node right there in front of them both, but it doesn’t respond when used (and the player doesn’t normally have the permissions needed to use it).

There’s another I/O Node on the opposite side of the COM Port puzzle area. This first one, is the one that’s meant to be used. In order to reduce confusion: the second I/O Node can no longer be interacted with at all, and it doesn’t show that you need missing permissions any more. This is to tip off the player that this I/O Node is useless. A hint about needing to use the I/O Node by the “COM Port configuration panel” has also been added to Jet’s task list.

Why not remove the I/O Node completely? (Which is what the Xbox version of TRON 2.0 did.) Or how about allowing the player to use either one? The latter was something I considered doing, but changed my mind.

I didn’t do either, because: when you’re using the first I/O Node, and Ma3a is communicating with you, how is she doing it? That’s right, she’s using that second “useless” I/O Node. Removing it or letting the player use it makes no narrative sense.
  • 16:27 - Silenced distracting beam sounds during I/O Node use, and restored unused Archive Stack help file
  • 17:45 - Restored unused Power Router help file and created artwork for it (since it was missing)
  • 18:24 - Fixed missing build point and objective notifications on exiting level, sound effect missing, beam splash being too opaque
Power Regulator
  • 18:44 - Enhancements to video archive cutscene for 16:9 aspect ratio (Popoff faces right way from start, she and DataWraith trainees don’t “jump”, Crown more visible during camera zoom, camera movement more accurately syncs with sound effects)
  • 19:55 - Fixed permissions cheat users being able to activate useless switch (now disabled), missing force field sound added
  • 20:33 - Fixed Escher-like twisted geometry
  • 21:03 - Program NPC now waits to activate bridge
After players eliminate a swarm of ICPs, a Program NPC would activate a bridge leading to the exit. The problem is that it’s easy for players to not witness this happening. So they suddenly see the bridge and wonder how it got there. The Program now waits until the player talks to him, before he activates the bridge.

Power Oculus
  • 22:07 - Fixed textures on Exit Port columns being too dark to see
  • 23:30 - Fixed sign above Protocol Socket not displaying info when reticle is placed over it
  • 23:36 - Fixed ICPs’ energy armor persisting after being de-rezzed
Main Processing Core
  • 24:18 - Fixed minor issues caused by using permissions cheat on force field switch
  • 25:44 - Fixed permission in Archive Bin not costing energy
Main Power Pipeline
  • 26:02 - Added missing objective completion message after I/O Node conversation
  • 27:12 - Fixed missing mission failure message (if you don’t close all surge suppression circuits in time)
Load81
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange

Post by Load81 »

Looks like i'll have to dust off the old Tron 2.0 discs and get back into the grid. These changes look great!
ldso:// Load"*",8,1
http://www.fraglesstees.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ldso.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Eight levels in roughly 25 minutes. This third trailer showcases many of the fixes to the Single Player levels of TRON 2.0, via the upcoming Killer App Mod v1.2.

These are all the Single Player issues I've personally noticed, or had pointed out to me. But I'm sure I've still missed a few.

The third trailer was originally meant to show all the remaining Single Player level fixes. But the video became too long, so it had to be split and a fourth trailer is still upcoming.

Security Server
  • 00:35 - You can now skip the Security Server level (which consists entirely of one long cutscene) by pressing the spacebar (not shown, just mentioned)
General changes/fixes
  • 00:45 - Experimenting with AI Tools to upscale and enhance the textures in TRON 2.0
Tested Waifu2x, ESRGAN (Manga 109 model), Topaz AI Gigapixel, and SFTGAN. Waifu2x always provided the best result.

When comparing several texture upgrades before and after in-game (more than shown in the video), the results showed little to no difference in the majority of cases. Only a few results showed differences that were noticeable.

Therefore, the conclusion is that doing a replacement of ALL textures is not worth the extra memory and disk space required. But perhaps some selective texture enhancement, in a potential Killer App Mod v1.3, is worth doing.

Link to high quality .PNG screenshots of the results:
https://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2019/03/tr ... d-v12.html

• 02:10 - First-person Sequencer disc selection animation enhanced for 16:9 aspect ratio
The wider field of view in 16:9 reveals awkward movement by Jet's left arm, that was previously hidden off-screen in 4:3 aspect ratio. Jet's left arm now pauses, then lowers, in a less awkward way.
  • 02:37 - First-person Cluster disc catching animation enhanced for 16:9 aspect ratio
The wider field of view in 16:9 reveals extremely awkward movement by Jet's left arm, that was previously hidden off-screen in 4:3 aspect ratio. Jet's left arm now lowers, in a less awkward way.

• 02:57 - Restored gibberish reaction when Rod Primitive is used on a Male Civilian program
  • 03:15 - Old vs. New disc in Main Menu Jet throwing animation
Killer App Mod v1.1 added an animation on the game's Main Menu, featuring Jet throwing the disc. This animation has been updated with a new disc. (See the next item for an explanation as to why.)

Power Oculus
  • 03:49 - Enhancements to ending cutscene (Jet's lips now move while talking, Jet is holding new disc, disc sound plays on-camera, Jet entering beam sound starts on time)
Jet now has a new disc in all cutscenes, including this one. This particular cutscene reveals why the change should be made.

Jet removes the disc from his arm, preparing to throw it. In doing so, it shows the underside of the disc. Revealing how the bottom surface of the disc, in this third-person view, does not match the first-person view. The disc is also oversized (diameter is too wide, and too thick).

The new disc is a bit smaller, thinner, and the underside of the disc now matches what's seen from the disc in first-person view.

City Hub
  • 05:07 - Status changes of moving platform switches now accurately reflect events, third switch added
When you use the switch to call the moving platform, the status changes on both it and the switch on the platform itself, don't properly reflect what's happening.

The status changes now more accurately show what's going on. And a third switch has been added on the other side. It didn't make much sense that a two-way platform would only have a switch to call it on one side. How would any programs on the other side be able to call the platform, in order to get across?

• 08:46 - Fixed geometry error in the floor of the main City Hub area, creating flickering (caused by Z-fighting)
  • 09:03 - Fixed sign above the Low Level Compiler's "shop" that didn't display any info when highlighted by the reticle
  • 09:09 - Fixed question text and subtitles not matching speech when talking to Low Level Compiler program
  • 09:52 - Added hint for users of permissions cheat when trying to open the Progress Bar door, and added info when door is highlighted by reticle
The player isn't supposed to have all the permissions in this level. Trying to open the Progress Bar door with the permissions cheat results in nothing happening. Added a hint that you need to do something else first, before you can get into the Bar.

Retrieving Ma3a
  • 11:35 - Enhancement to cutscene for 16:9 aspect ratio (wider field of view reveals Crown in base pose with arms straight down, when they should be raised)
Remote Access Node
  • 12:35 - First instance of a lighting error that's been fixed (there are others at later time stamps that aren't listed, to avoid repeating this over and over)
Throughout the Remote Access Node level, there are surfaces that are in dark shadow. While shadows do exist in the "electronic world" of TRON, they're not that frequent and they certainly make no sense here. These particular surfaces are glowing (self-illuminating), so they shouldn't be completely dark.
  • 13:18 - Closed an opening in the ceiling that allowed you to see one-sided geometry
  • 16:06 - Fixed binary bit switch not displaying info when highlighted by the reticle
  • 16:12 - Fixed possibility of an energy drain effect still appearing after all Resource Hogs are removed from the level, once Security Clamp is released
  • 16:45 - Made force field two-sided (it's possible, without cheating but with much difficulty, to reach the other side of the force field where you could see it was originally one-sided)
  • 16:53 - Fixed issues with Exit Port (beam splash present, "socket" has panning texture at rear, trim isn't dark, objective completion message appears on time when entering beam, sound effect when entering beam)
Prepare the DataWraiths
  • 17:19 - Enhancement to cutscene (Crown originally not visible near start, even at 4:3 aspect ratio, then appeared from nowhere)
Thorne's Internal Partition
  • 18:05 - Fixed being able to fall down Data Stream exit, interior of beam not being bright, no sound effect when entering
  • 18:15 - Fixed being able to crawl beside Data Stream exit and then fall underneath level
  • 18:52 - Fixed attempting to enter Data Stream at an earlier point resulting in falling beneath level
Function Control Deck
  • 19:10 - Enhancement to cutscene (beam splash added)
  • 20:26 - Fixed texture error causing flickering (texture is scaled badly)
  • 23:02 - Fixed texture errors on all switches on level, and fixed energy bridge switches having no sound effects
  • 23:20 - Fixed texture errors on both energy bridges, and centered both bridges (horizontally and vertically)
  • 23:28 - Fixed a white striped texture missing between the two bridges, also fixed geometry errors on both sides of platform between bridges causing flickering
  • 23:36 - Enhancement to cutscene ("transmission" text no longer intrudes into cutscene, beam splash added, Jet entering beam sound starts on time)
Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

Submitted a track a while back that will hopefully become intro music. Just let me know if you want any more free tracks created with the same vibe.
Jizaboz

TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

For the 18th Anniversary of TRON 2.0 (released August 26, 2003 in North America) I responded to a challenge from the Lead Programmer of TRON 2.0 (when he was at Monolith Productions), Kevin Lambert.

Time stamps of note:
  • 00:02 - TRON 2.0 Lead Programmer Kevin Lambert's TRON Maze Challenge
  • 00:47 - Response
  • 01:29 - A trace of this idea left in the game
  • 01:39 - Light Cycle improvements in Killer App Mod v1.2

If you want to see Killer App Mod v1.2 progress updates between video uploads to the LDSO YouTube channel, visit here:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1106632744799535105

Kevin asked if anyone could add a concept that was left out of the final game: Placing the player in a claustrophobic Light Cycle maze like the one seen in the original TRON film, with prompts appearing to let the player know when to turn (somewhat like how the game Dragon's Lair prompted the player when to move).

A fourth Killer App Mod v1.2 Single Player fixes trailer is still forthcoming. Consider this to be a "Preview Trailer 10.5". 🙂

Killer App Mod v1.2 will now include what's needed so you can make your own custom maps/levels to prompt the player to turn when riding a Light Cycle. And we'll most likely end up using this concept in User Error 3, LDSO's upcoming follow-up to the previous User Error 1 and 2 Single Player expansions.

https://twitter.com/kevinlambert/status ... 8301049856

And Kevin did reply to me on Twitter! He was pleased with the response to his challenge to do a Light Cycle "TRON Maze" in TRON 2.0. 😊

Light Cycle mazes with "turn prompts" were something meant to be in the final game, but the TRON 2.0 development team at Monolith Productions didn't have enough time to put them in.

P.S. I do plan to ask Kevin about some things, but I want to give him a bit of space and not come across as too pushy or demanding. So please don't anyone bother him too much, or else he might get annoyed and it will end up doing more harm than good. I believe he works for Microsoft now, so he's probably super busy a lot of the time.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

https://twitter.com/MonolithDev/status/ ... 9592601602

Monolith retweeted the TRON Maze challenge response video. Honored that they thought it was worth sharing on their Twitter account! T-]
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod v1.2 Work-In-Progress NOT FINAL Preview of HUD/Interface upscaled for 4K + Controller w/ On-Screen Prompts provided by the Mod + ReShade RTGI "Ray Tracing" Shader Custom Preset. (The Controller On-Screen Prompts and RTGI Preset are both optional and disabled by default.)

Time stamps of note:
  • 00:02 - Brief demo of HUD/Interface at 4K while using Controller and RTGI
  • 01:19 - Quick Before (v1.1a) and After (v1.2) HUD at 4K comparisons
  • 01:53 - Higher resolution TRON 2.0 Title Screen at 4K
  • 02:31 - Higher resolution Font and larger Cursor at 4K
  • 02:43 - Demoing HUD/Interface at 4K while using Controller and RTGI
  • 05:43 - RTGI on and off, disabled (and not even installed) by default
  • 07:58 - RTGI on and off again
  • 08:10 - Using Controller on Subroutine Menu screen, proper hit detection at 4K
  • 09:47 - On-screen hint/reminder about optimizing if the mod's Gold Cheat was used
  • 10:09 - Using Controller on the Subroutine Menu screen again
Vanilla TRON 2.0 will shrink many parts of the HUD/Interface at ultra-high resolutions like 4K, so they're too small to easily see. The game's built-in Controller support is also poor, so a solution will be provided and the mod will add On-Screen Prompts for an Xbox Controller or Steam Deck controls.

As the CapFrameX overlay shows, it's possible to achieve 60 FPS at 4K with ReShade RTGI on an RTX 3060.

If you want to see progress updates between video uploads to the LDSO YouTube channel, visit here: https://twitter.com/_LDSO_

There will be more Killer App Mod v1.2 previews in the coming months of 2023, and an Early Access release of v1.2 that might not be 100% complete will be made available as soon as possible.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

2️⃣🔘0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣🎂🍾🥂🎈🎊🎉

#TRON 2.0 20th Anniversary

#KillerAppMod

I posted this on August 26, 2023 on Twitter, to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of TRON 2.0!

In this message, I mention:
  • The updated LDSO 20th Anniversary Collection that contains TRON 2.0 concept art, wallpapers, and videos.
  • Remind everyone about the LDSO Unofficial TRON 2.0 Soundtrack.
  • Mention that I'll be interviewing the Lead Programmer of TRON 2.0, Kevin Lambert, ASAP.
  • Reveal plans for an interim TRON 2.0 Killer App Mod v1.1b, with quality-of-life improvements.
  • That Killer App Mod v1.2 — which will be a major upgrade and is almost an unofficial expansion pack at this point — will follow later in "Early Access" form.
LDSO TRON 2.0 20th Anniversary Collection (concept art, wallpapers, videos) download: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/relea ... 9a/post118

LDSO Unofficial TRON 2.0 Soundtrack download: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/relea ... 9a/post108

Thanks go out to scott_mrjulius and Borman18 on Twitter for sharing images that were added to the updated TRON 2.0 20th Anniversary Collection!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

As I'm closing in on the end of development on Killer App Mod v1.2, I'm tackling some more difficult things. I have two progress update videos to share today.

One I almost didn't share, for reasons that will become clear by the end of that video.

TRON 2.0 - KILLER APP Mod v1.2 Texture Upscaling (4K UHD)

Killer App Mod v1.2 will feature upscaled textures. But upscaling was done selectively. Upscaling all the textures, en masse, would consume a lot more memory and disk space, for little benefit.

I would actually be grateful for everyone's assistance, in identifying more TRON 2.0 textures that should receive the upscaling treatment.

If you could send me screenshots on social media of what you think should be upscaled, I'd really appreciate your help.

Time stamps of note:
  • 00:00 - Intro and Spoiler Warning
  • 00:37 - Thorne Torso - AI Filter + Upscaling
  • 01:03 - Thorne Cloak - AI Filter
  • 01:41 - Thorne Full Body - AI Filter + Upscaling
  • 03:17 - TRON Arcade Game Cabinet Exterior - AI Filter
  • 03:39 - Alan's Lab Coat Front, Back, and Sleeves + CRT Monitor + Laser Equipment Plaque + Paper - AI Filter + Upscaling + Manual Edit (Font on Plaque)
  • 04:43 - Fixed Alan's Lenses in Glasses randomly disappearing, this occurs on any version of the game - modded or vanilla (unmodified)
  • 04:53 - Alan's Lab Coat Front, Back, and Sleeves - AI Filter + Upscaling
  • 05:28 - Laser Equipment Plaques - AI Filter + Upscaling + Manual Edit (Font)
  • 05:52 - Walls on Progress Bar level - AI Filter + Upscaling + Manual Edit (Amber Circuits)
  • 07:06 - Barrier Wall on Remote Access Node level - AI Filter + Upscaling
  • 07:25 - Outro
ImageImage

While testing, I discovered an issue I never noticed before. Thought it might have to do with my setup: GPU, driver install, etc. But, nope. It's for everyone in TRON 2.0, retail vanilla or modded.

Alan's lenses will randomly disappear. But I seem to have fixed it, permanently.

TRON 2.0 - KILLER APP Mod v1.2 Alan's Desktop PC I/O Node Fix (4K UHD)

Here's an attempt in the upcoming Killer App Mod v1.2 to fix an issue causing players to get stuck in TRON 2.0, on the Alan's Desktop PC level. I almost didn't share this. It's long and boring. But wanted to explain my rationale, and previous attempts.

But, more importantly, I don't know if it's too soon to share it. Part of this is intended as a tribute to Cindy Morgan, and I hope other fans see it this way, too. You'll all have to let me know, if the result I'm showing here is good.

Time stamps of note:
  • 00:00 - Intro and Spoiler Warning
  • 00:13 - Greetings Programs
  • 01:40 - Why players get stuck on the vanilla (unmodified) Retail version of the Alan's Desktop PC level
  • 03:58 - Monolith did have something in mind to help prevent players getting stuck, but it went unused
  • 05:43 - First attempt to address this issue, in Killer App Mod v1.1a
  • 06:43 - Second attempt to address the issue, in upcoming Killer App Mod v1.2
  • 07:27 - The way the Xbox release of TRON 2.0 "fixed" this, was not ideal
  • 08:50 - Third and final(?) attempt to address the issue, in upcoming Killer App Mod v1.2
  • 11:10 - Adding full lip-sync to a character
  • 11:51 - Why I almost didn't make this video
  • 12:42 - Releasing this fix is intended as a tribute to Cindy Morgan
  • 14:02 - End of Line
  • 14:09 - Outro
If you want to see progress updates between video uploads to the LDSO YouTube channel, visit here: https://mastodon.social/@LDSO

There will be more Killer App Mod v1.2 previews in the coming months of 2024, and an Early Access release of v1.2 that might not be 100% complete will be made available as soon as possible.