Deadly Disks of TRON

What's your Clan up to?
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Deadly Disks of TRON

Post by TRON.dll »

I never realized that the Guitar Hero Community Tour Groups were clans until I saw the word clan in the address for my logo! lol :lol:

Anyways, my Tour Group is called Deadly Disks of TRON. Join for private TRON and Guitar Hero forums, along with all of the other benefits of a Tour Group!

FAQ on Tour Groups and Guitar Hero community essentials:

Q: What are groupies?
A: Groupies determine your rank in the Guitar Hero community. To get groupies, you need to link your copy of Guitar Hero III (PS3, XBOX360, or Wii) to your online account. Then, you play songs in Guitar Hero III to get groupies!

Q: What are Tour Groups?
A: Tour Groups are like clans on the Guitar Hero website. All of each member's groupies are added together in a tour group so that you can be RECOGNIZED in the Guitar Hero Community HALL OF FAME! Tour Groups also have private forums, and in my case, that is a private Guitar Hero and TRON forum!

Q: Who are you on the Guitar Hero Community, TRON.dll?
A: I am TronForever, leader of Deadly Disks of TRON!

Q: How do I join your tour group?
A: First, get an account on the Guitar Hero Community, then go here and click "join":

http://community.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/207977

Another reason you should all join is because people keep sending me PM's saying: "Your awesome join us". :lol:

I have to accept your entry into the tour group first, but don't worry. I'll let you join even if you have 0 groupies. I just want a bunch of TRON/Guitar Hero fans. :D

And yes, Rock Band fans are allowed, too. I don't want any super fanboys, though! :-D
http://timewastergames.blogspot.com

Timewaster Games = teh w00t :D
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

I always had reservations about those kinds of games. On one hand, I'd rather see everyone pick up a real instrument and learn how to play it. It's a lot more rewarding than standing there holding a plastic game controller. On the other hand, I can't put down anyone for having fun.

Having said that...

You don't need to explain what groupies are...my band discovered those on our own in the early nineties. Watch out for the ones with a LOT of makeup...and Adam's Apples.

Want to know what a real tour group does? They steal your cigarettes, drink your beer, and don't donate s*%t for gas. They get your girlfriends to cheat on you, resent you for getting more stage time, and ultimately cause the demise of your band.

Think it's hard pretending to play Slayer's "Reign In Blood" in the comfort of your living room? I did it in 1992 in front of a few hundred people, drunk and sweating profusely, at the now defunct "Zeppelin's" in Metairie, Louisiana...while dodging beer bottles. Yes, it was still note for note.

I've carried more amps, broke more strings, drank more beer, gotten into more fights, destroyed more eardrums, pushed more broken down vans, banged more heads, kicked more ass and had a blast in front of more people than any Guitar Hero group on the planet.

Am I awesome?

You bet.

8)
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

1) Guitar Hero is not intended to be a guitar simulation, it's intended to be an arcade type game that's more addictive than any drug on the planet that is themed around rock and roll.

2) The Guitar Hero community uses the terms "Groupies" and "Tour Groups" to fit the theme, and Deadly Disks of TRON will certainly not do any of what you described. :-D

3) It's Raining Blood. And I know someone who would happily end you if he heard you say Reign In Blood. lol :lol:

4) What are you? A goth? (appologies if you are)

5) Real guitar is different than Guitar Hero in soooooo many ways.

6) Just because you cannot defeat me in Guitar Hero doesn't mean you have to get all mad at me about it... :P

Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

1.) I'm sorry for the misspelling of the song, but I was confused...the album that the song comes from is called "Reign In Blood", and therein lies my mistake. That song is so old and it's been sooo long...

2.) No one, and I mean NO one, will ever "end me", especially when it comes to a dispute over Slayer. Tom Araya himself is on my side.

3.) I am not a goth, but I was around when the term was coined. I am a punk rock, evil-eyed, hardcore bastard child of rock and roll. Why would you think that I was a "goth"? I'll spit on a goth.

4.) I will never have to defeat you in your Guitar Hero game. My wall of stratocasters, telecasters, basses, and amps tells me that I don't have to. Remember: Even if you turn out to be the best Guitar Hero player in the world, you'll still only be a fraction of the Real Guitar Hero that I am in real life.

5.) I'm not mad about anything.

6.) Jimi Hendrix. Although he has nothing to do with the game, I think his spirit should be invoked in any discussion that has to do with guitars. 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky!
:-)
I prefer "Frets On Fire" anyway. It's free.
data_ghost
Registered users
Registered users

Post by data_ghost »

Avi wrote: You don't need to explain what groupies are... Watch out for the ones with a LOT of makeup...and Adam's Apples.
ROFL
Avi wrote: Even if you turn out to be the best Guitar Hero player in the world, you'll still only be a fraction of the Real Guitar Hero that I am in real life.
easy there kurt cobain
Read my NEW blog, fool!
http://iliketolaugh.tumblr.com/
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

LOL...

Hold on...you consider Kurt Cobain a Real Guitar Hero? Or were you just throwing out a name? That's like saying David Blaine is a real magician.

My nephew plays that Rock Band game. He brought it over once for him and my son to play together. I noticed that you don't play exactly on the note, but right before it. You have to take into consideration the latency between the controller and the game. I tried playing "Mississippi Queen" with it and got like a 70%. I would see what colored button was next and hit it in time to the music...and it still said I missed it! I guess it would be better if I played it with the sound off. The gameplay really doesn't have anything to do with music anyway. They could call it "Ketchup Hero", and you press buttons on a big plastic tomato in time to people throwing french fries at you...it would still be the same game.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Pressing the fret button only prepares the note. You have to move the strum bar up or down when the note crosses the square at the bottom of the screen while holding down the fret button. If you can get the hang of guitar hero, it's really fun and addictive. Now please escuse me, I have to beat my friend's high score on Holiday in Cambodia. :-D

Critisizing me (or anyone) for being really good at Guitar Hero is like critisizing someone for being really good at After Burner. After Burner is an air combat game and not a simulation. You can't compare someone who's really good at After Burner to someone who's an ace F-14 pilot. Likewise, comparing me (or anyone who's really good at guitar hero, for that matter) to, say, Jimmi Hindrix is irrelevent.

TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Sweet! Someone joined my Tour Group! Damage Inc. from Tron-Sector! w00ts!

Now if I could just get everyone here to join, lemme think.....

Oh! I know! FREE AWESOME FOR ANYONE WHO JOINS AFTER I POST THIS!

Here's a sampling:
Last edited by TRON.dll on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Sorry for the double post, but I'm still allowing people to join. We've got 3 members now, including myself.

CURRENT MEMBERS AS OF THIS POST:

*TronForever (Me) - Leader
*DamageInc013 (Personal Friend) - Member
*DontDie - Member

And I have given each of those members their free cups of awesome. Get yours today!

TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Sorry for triple posting.. :(

I'm working on a new logo, how'z it look?

I was kinda playin' around with some tools in GIMP that I've never tried before, so it's a bit experimental, too. Feedback is appreciated. :D

Layer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Layer »

Avi wrote:I always had reservations about those kinds of games. On one hand, I'd rather see everyone pick up a real instrument and learn how to play it. It's a lot more rewarding than standing there holding a plastic game controller. On the other hand, I can't put down anyone for having fun.
Well...I know how to play the trumpet...

However I'm not gonna wait for EA, Harmonix, and MTV Games to create a Marching Band/Orchestra game though :D So I'll stick with Rock Band.
:-)
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Avi wrote:I noticed that you don't play exactly on the note, but right before it. You have to take into consideration the latency between the controller and the game. I tried playing "Mississippi Queen" with it and got like a 70%. I would see what colored button was next and hit it in time to the music...and it still said I missed it! I guess it would be better if I played it with the sound off. The gameplay really doesn't have anything to do with music anyway.
I think I may know why, there was probably a lag between the audio and video on your TV (if it's an HDTV). This can be fixed in the options menu. Otherwise, it may be an in game glitch. I can confirm that the notes are perfectly syncronized with the music. Also, the Wii instruments have a bit of a lag.
They could call it "Ketchup Hero", and you press buttons on a big plastic tomato in time to people throwing french fries at you...it would still be the same game.
You can't strum a ketchup bottle, lol. :lol:

Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

Technically, you're not "strumming" your little plastic toy either. You're clicking a game controller that gives you the sensation of playing along with music, which makes you feel like a little bit less of a dork somehow...but strangely enough, it makes you an even bigger dork in real life.

My son had a toy like that when he was three. Plastic light-weight guitar with pretty bright colored buttons on the neck that made music when you pressed the "strings" on the body. He's 8 years old now, and owns his own real Fender Stratocaster with Fender amp. His favorite song to play is "Iron Man".

(Insert standard obligatory internet memes here):

Real guitars FTW! Toy guitars FTL!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneoneone

The cake is NOT a lie, but it tastes like crap.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Comparing a Guitar Hero addict to a real guitarist is irrelivent 19/20 times. Also, I say FTL means For The spLendid.
Jimi Hendrix. Although he has nothing to do with the game, I think his spirit should be invoked in any discussion that has to do with guitars. 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky!
Spanish Castle Magic was in Guitar Hero 1 and "Purple Haze" and "The Wind Cries Mary" will be in Guitar Hero World Tour. Jimi Hindrix will also be a playable character in World Tour.

You can't really criticize the World Tour drums or singing, btw... :-)

But back on topic:

Join my Tour Group! We're currently ranked somewhere near 1,000, and considering the mass amounts of Tour Groups on that site, that's pretty impressive. :D

Link in my sig.

data_ghost
Registered users
Registered users

Post by data_ghost »

you know, i got all hyped up about a peripheral for a drum kit in this game. FINALLY not another guitar controller! it has 4 pads, one of which is a snare drum (in the correct position, kudos there), the next a hihat (a pad??) the next a tomtom (only 1) and the last a crash cymbol (again, a PAD?). there also a pedal to act as the bass drum it comes with two drumsticks.

but honestly they might as well give kids a tin can and a stick.
please kiddies, stick to real instraments :-(
Read my NEW blog, fool!
http://iliketolaugh.tumblr.com/