REZ Handler 1.3 on Vista

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
death_program
Registered users
Registered users

REZ Handler 1.3 on Vista

Post by death_program »

Hi,

I can't seem to run REZ Handler version 1.3 on Vista. The following message appears:
Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Thanks for the help.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: REZ Handler 1.3 on Vista

Post by TronFAQ »

REZ Handler does work in Vista. But I've heard of the odd person having the problem you're describing. (In all versions of Windows.)

If you look in the REZ Handler folder, do you see a file called COMDLG32.OCX? It should be there. Copy this file to your C:\Windows\System32 folder.

Then on the Start menu, go into the Accessories folder and right click on the Command Prompt item. Click on Run as administrator. If UAC bugs you, tell it to allow the action. Then type the following and hit enter.

Code: Select all

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\COMDLG32.OCX
That should fix it.
Pacmandu
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by Pacmandu »

Hi I'm Having the same issue and i tried what you said about the adding the file to the system folder and running the command and doing the "regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\COMDLG32.OCX" but now i get a different error. i took a screen shot of it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Before I start, I'd just like to mention that REZ Handler also works with Windows 7. So if anyone upgrades to Win 7, Tron 2.0 and REZ Handler will continue to work just fine.

That dialog is probably saying Windows can't find COMDLG32.OCX in the System32 folder. So it's possible that you may have copied the wrong file by accident? There's also a file called COMCT232.OCX in the REZ Handler folder and it's easy to mistake one for the other.

It's also possible you forgot to run the Command Prompt as an Administrator. You need Administrator privileges or else the regsvr32 command won't work. When you go to the shortcut for the Command Prompt on the Start menu, right click and choose "Run as administrator".

If you have a 64-bit version of Vista (or Win 7 for that matter), you might want to copy the COMDLG32.OCX to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX instead and type this command.

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX
If even that doesn't work, then just type this.

regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX