TR2N Plot Guessing Game

Have Tron related some news? Post it here!
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

TR2N Plot Guessing Game

Post by Daddyo »

Guess what the upcoming Tr2n movie plot is about.

If you get it right, you earn bragging rights and make all your internet cohorts jealous. Additionally, the closest one will win tickets to fly on Virgin Galactic Airlines** http://www.virgingalactic.com/

Here's the plot I foresee:

Flynn is trapped in his automated room. He's barefoot because he can't leave, and hasn't left in 20 years.

The Original anti-virus program Tron was upgraded to Flynn to became all powerful - suffering the same fate as the original MCP. It also spread across the internet and has become unstoppable since it now resides on every computer.

The story is about Flynn writing the ultimate version of Tr2n - coded from hand made bits & pieces of hardware and unformmated CDs so as to not be infected from the program Flynn from the start. Of course he start's with bits of a Mac computer - since it is the most tolerant of computers from viruses and Steve Jobs is doing the movie animation & he'll madly do anything to promote them.

In the clip user Flynn is hopelessly watching from his 'window' or two-way interactive computer screen. He see's his original creation wreaking havoc on the internet, taking out every good program left in the system. He is able to visually & verbally communicate with programs through this interface.

Whattya think?? Post your plot ideas! Keep the spam to a minimum please! One rule, you only get one post for your plot, you DON'T get to try more than one plot idea!!! Re-write your old one if you have an epiphany.

** Prizes subject to change or nonexistant; especially if I don't win the lottery

Light-hearted version here
Last edited by Daddyo on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Okay, I'll take a serious crack at it. Based on what little we know. I think the plot will go something like this . . .

After becoming somehow disillusioned or burnt out with the real world, Flynn decides to return to the computer for a visit. He probably had no intentions to stay. If they are using any plot points from the game: then digitization technology was lost for many years, but rediscovered much later. Hence, why Flynn didn't return earlier.

As time goes on, Flynn has less and less desire to leave. He feels that he could probably do a lot of good, from inside the electronic world. Not only for its program inhabitants, but also for the real world. From inside, he can assign or create programs to do important tasks, and become a benevolent benefactor to both worlds.

But as time passes, the power starts going to his head. He's basically become god in there. What started out as noble intentions, start becoming twisted into something else. He still thinks he's doing good, the right thing. But he's becoming delusional, and isolated.

Eventually, he becomes a ruthless dictator. This is now the point we've reached, as seen in the trailer. Programs are starting to defy him, and he has at least one enforcer to carry out his will, destroying any programs that oppose him. Again, for the good of the system and everyone, so Flynn thinks. Sacrifices need to be made, for the greater good.

At some point, Flynn's machinations start to become noticed by people in the real world. Alan Bradley is one of the first people to discover what Flynn has been doing. He decides to re-enter the electronic world, with the intention of finding Flynn. That's when he discovers he's not welcome, and has to struggle to survive. He takes on the role of Tron, himself. Or possibly even creates a new version of Tron to help him. But I think it would be more interesting if he was mistaken for Tron, and went along with the ruse.

But Alan is too old and inexperienced, so he's not really effective in combat. (Even though he should be able to do anything, since it's not the real world.) He needs time to become acclimatized and effective in the electronic world, and Flynn has had a huge headstart.

So Alan ends up forming and leading a reistance, against Flynn. The system goes to war.

At the end of the film, Alan's resistance defeats Flynn at a heavy cost. Flynn dies, but not before realizing the mistake he's made. Perhaps he does something to redeem himself, at the end. Maybe he's the one who sabotages his own forces, allowing the resistance to defeat them.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

That was pretty deep! We'll have to figure out how to judge this objectively. Maybe every factoid that is basically right you get a point.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

That's basically what I had come up with, but I didn't put enough thought in it to come up with such a detailed outline. My version was Flynn goes in, turns bad, someone goes in after him...just like Apocalypse Now. The main difference is that I see Jet going in instead of Alan, which would be a nod of the cap towards the Tron video games.

Then again, in the trailer, the blue cyclist could be a hacker and Flynn is the sentry guarding the system. It's hard to nail it when you only see two minutes of it out of context...but I'm still sticking with the evil Flynn theory.
sparks
Registered users
Registered users

Post by sparks »

Great ideas,will try and formulate something original in a few cycles;)

Like the evil flynn idea,in the trailer its hard to tell if he's like an emperor giving the nod to the gladiator to finish off the blue guy, as the blue guy looks upwards before drerezing greeney.
Or maybe hes just woken from a long hybernation period (hence the buddha like meditation position).
And his expression is one of disbeleif at how the digital world has changed.

Blue Flynn says"It's just a game"

Surely there not still playing for the users?

And Green flynns reply "Not anymore" nods to the fact that the digitising process is back online.

So maybe the green flynn is a hacker eradicating programs for some big coperate company, and taking control of the system once again.

Would like to see Lisbergers drafts, are they available?

Just hope the plot is half as good as it could be.

Keep writing and you never know whos reading this;)
SweatyPyro
Registered users
Registered users

Post by SweatyPyro »

Where the hell did my plot go? I WAS being serious!

Damn the judges!
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

All right, I've got a good one here, it is serious.

This is assuming that the director of this film decides to make it a direct sequel to TRON 2.0. Some of the information in this plot we should already know from TRON 2.0's "Antiquated" levels' emails.

After his experience in the computer, Kevin Flynn realized how much power he could have in the computer. He then decided to hatch a plan that would stretch over many years so that he could take over the world through the use of digitization. After replacing Dillenger, Alan started working on "Tron Legacy". As the years went by, Flynn began to notice how powerful TL was and realized that if he were to go into the computer and take over the world, TL would be the only program able to stop him. As a response, Flynn had Alan shelve TL before it could be completed. Flynn then left the company a few years later, and no one knows what happened to him. Several years later, though, he would break in and hack into a terminal, and go into the computer all over again. Flynn then takes over the system very swiftly takes over the ENCOM system, and becomes an MPC-esque dictator over the system, ordering any rebelling programs to be scentenced to a new, upgraded game grid. Any escaping programs are to be hunted down by an one of Flynn's incredibly elite minions, called enforcers. The only hope now is for Alan to finish Tron Legacy, so that he may save the system.

How's that?
http://timewastergames.blogspot.com

Timewaster Games = teh w00t :D
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Re: TR2N Plot Guessing Game

Post by Daddyo »

Lets finish this for fun. Post and give yourself a point for each factoid that was essentially correct, or a fraction if you feel like it. Be ready to argue your points:
Flynn is trapped in his automated room. He's barefoot because he can't leave, and hasn't left in 20 years.
= 0.5 for trapped (since he could leave but better not), 0.5 pt barefoot for same reason, 1 point for not having left for 20 years.
The story is about Flynn writing the ultimate version of Tr2n
= 0.5 pt, just name was not a new version of Tron, was CLU 2
Of course he start's with bits of a Mac computer - since it is the most tolerant of computers from viruses
= 0.1 pt - well the OS looked like unix and Sam had a mac in his bedroom
In the clip user Flynn is hopelessly watching from his 'window'
= 1 pt
He see's his original creation wreaking havoc on the internet
= 0.5 pt since didn't make it to the internet yet (at least wasn't shown to be)
taking out every good program left in the system
= 1 pt

total = 5.1 pts

I noticed Tronfaq has some pretty cool right answers. Did Tron.dll actually guess the title of the movie?!? Did he in fact name the film? I think Sweatypyro's silly post is here, might be worth a point? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=608
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Re: TR2N Plot Guessing Game

Post by Avi »

The original trailer was rather misleading. It appeared that Flynn was overlooking Clu's actions, since they show his window to be directly above the grid. He appeared calm, as if the actions of his program were accepted. I'm glad that we were wrong about Flynn turning bad, because his scenes were the best...besides the arena battles, of course.